2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think @dentalplan has been singing it's praises for a couple of weeks now but finally got round to listening to the new Wolf Parade and it's the absolute tits. Was expecting to be pretty underwhelmed but it's far exceeded my expectations.

Was coming on to post the same thing. I’ve only heard their first album ages ago which I liked but it never clicked with me as much as it should have, this new one is fantastic though, not a bad song on it.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Think @dentalplan has been singing it's praises for a couple of weeks now but finally got round to listening to the new Wolf Parade and it's the absolute tits. Was expecting to be pretty underwhelmed but it's far exceeded my expectations.

This is why I love this thread - I wasn't aware of their stuff but listened through via YouTube to Cry Cry Cry. A great album! Thanks.

6 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Have you got the vinyl? Comes with a cool little booklet (well, leaflet, nowt substantial) of art his sister did & a blurb which contextualises the music nicely. 

Yeah is real boss-ass shit. How is the going rate for your average 12" LP gonna be ~£20 when this is going for £8? The package is identical to pretty much any other single disc studio album (except for if the record is pressed onto a 180g disc, but I'm very skeptical over whether 180g vinyl is any better at all).

But obviously big props to Kamasi & co for keeping the price on this chap down.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

What albums from this year do I need to be checking out? My favourites so far are The National, LCD Soundsystem, Kendrick, Tyler, Lorde, Los Camp, Brand New. Hit me with ones I've missed.

Your favourite albums are essentially eFests' consensus favourite albums. That's wild.

41 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

What albums from this year do I need to be checking out? My favourites so far are The National, LCD Soundsystem, Kendrick, Tyler, Lorde, Los Camp, Brand New. Hit me with ones I've missed.

excluding those you named my other favourites are Fleet Foxes, Thundercat, Future Islands, Quelle Chris, Kelly Lee Owens, IDLES, Protomarytr and Grizzly Bear

Just now, rhg_99 said:

excluding those you named my other favourites are Fleet Foxes, Thundercat, Future Islands, Quelle Chris, Kelly Lee Owens, IDLES, Protomarytr and Grizzly Bear

Good stuff. Loved the first single from that Fleet Foxes album but never listened to the full album for some reason. I'll stick it on. Cheers for the recommendations.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Oh Sees, The Moonlandingz, Sleaford Mods, Wolf Alice, QOTSA and Marika Hackman to name a few...

• Upvote 1

All the best ones have been given already, extra +1 for IDLES, Oh Sees and Moonlandingz. I loved the new Fall one and LOVED the new Cribs one and Richard Dawson - Peasant. I haven't stopped listening to Alex Cameron's either. I'll stop now coz I'll just keep remembering great albums.