2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

My god the new releases are stacking up like crazy. I've got Miley, Torres, Ibeyi, Princess Nokia, The World Is A Beautiful Place..., and Rapsody in the queue for the weekend.

Oh and I need to buy that new Kamasi Washington EP! Strewth guys, it's tough to be a nerd out here.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

On 27/09/2017 at 10:33 AM, priest17 said:

Liked METZ's album, good sound to it, needs a few more listens to properly crack it.

Stumbled upon Princess Nokia the other day, not sure if it's been mentioned but her album dropped a couple of weeks ago and it's great. Reminds me a bit of Tyler's stuff but a bit less eccentric. Also the first song on the album is called Bart Simpson, what's not to love? 

Here, have a stellar live version of it:

Fierce shit that.

Bart with the shits is beautifully evocative.;

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

New K-Wash is just about the most beautiful music ever made.

Getting itchy over here, went to the shops on dinner to pick it up on wax but no joy. And I got told off by my boss for taking 90 mins (although tbf, I was taking the piss, 15 mins to the record shop).

When he takes it to Brazil on the second last track it's fucking glorious.

Fuck maybe cos it's so tuneful accessible I can imagine the proper jazz heads and Albert Ayler fans finding it all a bit training wheels, but for me this immediately joins the likes of Birth of the Cool and Giant Steps in the pantheon of yer basic Jazz Albums Starter Set.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been listening to the Wolf Alice album and really enjoying it, however I only discovered last night when playing the vinyl copy that there are 12 tracks! Version I downloaded from Amazon music only has 11, it's not even a hidden track or anything. It's the title fucking track!

Maybe email them, that doesn't seem right.  The title track is on the Spotify version (last track)

Yak are back with a new single which is actually just a cover of 'All I Need Is Some Sunshine In My Life', and here's a kickass live version that descends into he's got the whole wide world in his hands.

They're touring over the next couple of weeks (with the amazingly cool Skinny Girl Diet who hands down won coolest album cover of 2016), highly recommended. 

• Upvote 1