2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

Been listening to the new Gang of Youths album a lot over the last few days. Came out last week in Australia, don't think it's out until October over here but it's pretty easily found online. It's really good, hearing a lot of The National, Springsteen and early Arcade Fire in it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Been listening to the new Gang of Youths album a lot over the last few days. Came out last week in Australia, don't think it's out until October over here but it's pretty easily found online. It's really good, hearing a lot of The National, Springsteen and early Arcade Fire in it. 

I found their music a while ago and was suitably impressed, but then something - can't remember what - put me right off them. Hopefully it doesn't come back to me before I check this album out.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I found their music a while ago and was suitably impressed, but then something - can't remember what - put me right off them. Hopefully it doesn't come back to me before I check this album out.

The albums pretty long, comes in at just short of 80 minutes but there's not any filler on there. It does seem very much up your street so I think it's well worth giving them another go.

On 27/08/2017 at 4:23 PM, kingcrawler said:

Downloaded it on this basis. I have very high hopes for it! 

15 hours ago, priest17 said:

If you're anything like me then you'll agree that it's been too long since John Dwyer and co last changed their name and announced another album. Well the wait is finally over, welcome back OCS! http://www.stereogum.com/1959758/oh-sees-change-name-again-announce-another-new-album/music/

Enemy of organised music libraries

https://pitchfork.com/news/kurt-vile-and-courtney-barnett-reveal-new-album-title/

new Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett track out tomorrow. Album is called Lotta Sea Lice and is apparently coming out October 13th. Looking forward to hearing Courtney's rendition of Peeping Tomboy!

Edited by rhg_99

12 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

https://pitchfork.com/news/kurt-vile-and-courtney-barnett-reveal-new-album-title/

new Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett track out tomorrow. Album is called Lotta Sea Lice and is apparently coming out October 13th. Looking forward to hearing Courtney's rendition of Peeping Tomboy!

Really excited about this, love both these artists. This could be tremendous, could be a fucking disaster, but I'm intrigued

On 8/24/2017 at 9:49 PM, SighMo said:

Waiting for my vinyl copy to be delivered with War on Drugs new one. The gig at Green Man was one of the best I've been to...really need to see them again but nothing over here in the near future; be great to see them at the next Glasto. 

Hope you're enjoying the record, I bet they were brilliant as always and yep 2019 Glasto hopefully they'll finally be there!

• Like 1

New HMLTD is brilliant. I can't recommend going to see these guys live enough if you get a chance at any point, I wasn't a massive fan of them until I saw them live and it all clicked, probably the best live performance I've seen this year (and there's some impressive competition)

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Given the new Alvvays album a couple of spins. It's good but pretty apparent from the get go that there isn't anything on here that comes close to the heights of the first album.

I haven't heard the album but Dreams Tonight is easily good enough to match LP1.