2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

27 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Brand new Brand New album out in October.

LC! 2 gigs in October.

HIFH The Neon Handshake 15th anniversary tour in February.

Holy shit, new Brand New album! :D Was starting to think it would never come! 

And holy shit I was just listening to The Neon Handshake this morning! Doubt I'll be able to find anybody to go with me but I might just have to do that Manchester date solo.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

New Death From Above track is the worst thing ever and I'm not going to link it because you shouldn't listen to it but you should know that it is literally the underground theme from Super Mario Bros except really fucking bad.

It's not that bad just a pretty throwaway track - dunno how anyone could have such a strong reaction upon finishing it. I dig the verses and it feels like it's leading to something that's gonna bring the house down then they pack it away with a useless little chorus. 

Still looking forward to the new record although they are seemingly not trying to emulate the past here so it's already proving shaky ground. I came around to Freeze Me after a while so maybe they can serve something up.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Gris-Lee Bare is out there.

Thoughts? I am 100% waiting for the premium quality ca$h money version, but, lemme know. My most anticipated release of 2017, which really says something, given how stacked it is.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Got round to new Cribs album today.  It's not bad, but doesn't really grab me.

I stand by my comments Lawn ;)

I've listened to it 3 times now but it's just not doing it for me. Nice enough but too much good music out at the moment for it to edge its way into my playlist. 

19 hours ago, nikkic said:

Late to the Manchester Orcchestra party but ABMTTS bangs hard. 

These chaps worth catching live? I see they're touring end of October...

Yes. First found out about them whilst they were on stage at Reading, they darn near blew my socks off. (I believe there has been a small alteration in line up since then though)

For anybody following the new Brand New album release, the entire album (in the form of one 60 minute track) has been sent to several people who pre-ordered the vinyl and a low quality rip (by that I mean somebody recording it off their computer/phone) is out there, and somebody has seemingly uploaded a CD quality rip just now so only a matter of time before it's everywhere. So so stoked.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

For anybody following the new Brand New album release, the entire album (in the form of one 60 minute track) has been sent to several people who pre-ordered the vinyl and a low quality rip (by that I mean somebody recording it off their computer/phone) is out there, and somebody has seemingly uploaded a CD quality rip just now so only a matter of time before it's everywhere. So so stoked.

Plenty of links for it on reddit just now. I won't be able to listen to it tonight anyway so just holding out for tomorrow to see if the talk of it being released digitally happens.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Plenty of links for it on reddit just now. I won't be able to listen to it tonight anyway so just holding out for tomorrow to see if the talk of it being released digitally happens.

Just downloaded and stuck it on now. Had a bunch of stuff to do tonight but it's all been put right on the backburner for this :lol: Regardless of how the album is, this first listen is gonna be a treat. 8 goddamn years.