2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

‘However,’ said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly, so that none of them could miss a word, ‘you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.’

By which I mean the new Cribs album is out there. Follow the spiders.

ITBOTBB>Men's Needs>The New Fellas>Ignore The Ignorant>For All My Sisters>The Cribs, is how I'd call it so far, but they're all great albums. I wonder where the new one will sit. The only other two bands I can think of that have gone over 6 albums without ever making a dud are R.E.M. and Sleater-Kinney.

Pretty sure that you're not equating the Cribs' with REM Lawn, that would be insane.

You're not, right?

New Fellas-Cribs-Men's Needs-Ignorant-Brazen Bull- Sisters.

Apart from the step up after the debut I think they've been on diminishing returns. I'm not expecting much from the new one. Terrible title too. Gary said in a DIY interview it could've been worse, they could've called it "Fuck Your Stupid Male Ego". That would actually have been miles better.

New Songhoy Blues album makes for pleasant if not groundbreaking listening.  If you liked the first one chances are that you'll like this one.

After their Park set this year I'm a bit biased.  They were just having so much fun I can't listen to anything of theirs without grinning :D

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

‘However,’ said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly, so that none of them could miss a word, ‘you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.’

By which I mean the new Cribs album is out there. Follow the spiders.

ITBOTBB>Men's Needs>The New Fellas>Ignore The Ignorant>For All My Sisters>The Cribs, is how I'd call it so far, but they're all great albums. I wonder where the new one will sit. The only other two bands I can think of that have gone over 6 albums without ever making a dud are R.E.M. and Sleater-Kinney.

Leisure - Modern Life Is Rubbish - Parklife - Great Escape - Blur - 13.

All depends on your views on Think Tank.

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Los Campesinos! are on precisely 6

And showing no signs of losing their touch, they'll make it 7 easily.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Pretty sure that you're not equating the Cribs' with REM Lawn, that would be insane.

You're not, right?

You bet your balls I am.

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also it may be because I'm high (definitely is) but I think this is ace :lol: Such a ridiculous ballad. No way is he gonna be able to sing this live.

I don't mind this actually, sounds a bit like a Noel Gallagher song for what it's worth.

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

I just found out Mike Skinner has been releasing stuff all year under a different name all year, if you never liked the streets dunno if you'll like it, if you did it's worth having a little look 

Thanks, had no idea.

In My Head is particular Streets-y. In fact the tune is similar to Could Well Be In.

Edited by fightoffyour

The new Everything Everything album is really good, not sure's it's quite as good as Get to Heaven which I thought was a real step up for them but we'll see. Night of the Long Knives is a great opener. 

The Districts new album is good too, I've not really listened to them since they played Glastonbury in 2015 but the new album's a pretty different sound for them, to be honest it just sounds a lot like Sam's Town.

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

The new Everything Everything album is really good, not sure's it's quite as good as Get to Heaven which I thought was a real step up for them but we'll see. Night of the Long Knives is a great opener. 

Yep 2nd listen and it's very good, but maybe not quite Get To Heaven (although that is an incredible album). Hope they'll carrying on climbing up festival lineups - they've got everything everything it takes to be headliner I reckon, apart from the popularity with an album or two more.

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yep 2nd listen and it's very good, but maybe not quite Get To Heaven (although that is an incredible album). Hope they'll carrying on climbing up festival lineups - they've got everything everything it takes to be headliner I reckon, apart from the popularity with an album or two more.

Could see them headlining some mid-size fests, at Glasto the biggest I see them is JP headliner tbh. Looking forward to hearing the new record though.

42 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Could see them headlining some mid-size fests, at Glasto the biggest I see them is JP headliner tbh. Looking forward to hearing the new record though.

I don't mean off this record, and it's more hopeful than anything. If they keep up this album rate there'll be another record released or coming soon by the next Glastonbury, so it'll be interesting to see where they're at by then...Other sub or headliner or 3rd/4th Pyramid isn't out of the question I don't think

Edited by fightoffyour

Enjoying the long anticipated Rat Boy album .. if you could though the stupidly long 25 tracks (although there are a lot of interludes) then there are some great songs on there. 

Obvious lazy comparison to Jamie T, but it can't be helped. Which isn't a bad thing! 

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Great to have a nice new track from Hinds! Summery and charming as ever.

My eyes tell me I'm on a train between Leeds and Manchester in the rain, my ears tell me I'm on the beach. Love it, love them, had to be good for me to turn the cribs off for that long.