2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

On 7/14/2017 at 8:00 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't own one, so what I did instead was go around shirtless with "YOU'RE DEAD" daubed on my bare chest, and a recreation of the album artwork below. I did it all with condiments and sauces in my cupboards! Did it work?

Unfortunately not, I guess ol' Lotus doesn't bow to the established t-shirt rule. He just keeps on impressing me.

On 14/07/2017 at 11:30 PM, TheBurns said:

Finally got around to listening to pumarosa on the back of this thread and am very impressed. Picked up a ticket for their Dublin gig for a lovely €18!

Glad you like them, my AOTY so far. 

Declan Mckenna's album is out today. 2 and a bit years after his ETC win and 3 glastonburys later. 

Big day for friends and I, been going to support him since he was about 12 and now he's got posters with his face on the tube advertising his album. 

Give it a listen if you get a chance. It obviously won't be everyone's cup of tea, but would like to hear what people think and what could be improved on. 

9 hours ago, mjsell said:

Declan Mckenna's album is out today. 2 and a bit years after his ETC win and 3 glastonburys later. 

Big day for friends and I, been going to support him since he was about 12 and now he's got posters with his face on the tube advertising his album. 

Give it a listen if you get a chance. It obviously won't be everyone's cup of tea, but would like to hear what people think and what could be improved on. 

Enjoyed him on Jools a few years ago (think he played Brazil?) so I'm looking forward to checking that out later.

LOVE Tyler's new album. Got into him around Bastard time coz it was a bit mad but it's really good to hear him sounding grown up. Quite lazy r'n'b-esque, really enjoyable listen for me. Dizzee's is pretty good as well, he'll never top Corner but he's still a decent rapper. Can't see him headlining Glastonbury with this though ahah. I know they get a lot of hate on here (some of it deserved) but Cabbage's new EP is decent as well, dunno why they're releasing so many EPs and not cracking on with the debut album, they've got 20 odd songs out now they're basically on their difficult second album without releasing their debut.

13 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I saw Sheer Mag tonight, they was awesome 

Good to hear. Was considering it but a long way for the 50-odd minute set. Hopefully the positive reception for their debut means they begin to tour regularly and more extensively.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Good to hear. Was considering it but a long way for the 50-odd minute set. Hopefully the positive reception for their debut means they begin to tour regularly and more extensively.

Don't think it even hit that. I got two pints in shortly after they started & had to down one before stepping out onto Oxford Road in the light(!) it was over so quick. But yeah good gig still.