2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I've slacked on new stuff over the last month, please can someone give me a breakdown of what I need to catch up on. 

Joe Goddard is planned for tonight. 

A few albums/tracks I've been enjoying recently 

Kendrick - DAMN. 

Actress - AZD

Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

Joey Bada$$ - All Amerikkkan Bada$$

Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me

New alt-J tracks

Personally think the new Mac Demarco is only OK and not enjoyed the new Gorillaz at all tbh. 

On 24/04/2017 at 9:57 AM, windy_miller said:

I was a bit apprehensive about the new Slowdive album, but after about 1 minute I was slowly being lifted off into space.  Slomo is utterly gorgeous, one of the best songs they have ever made.  And the rest of the album is fantastic too.  Wasn't sure about Sugar For The Pill when I first heard it a few weeks ago, but it makes perfect sense as part of the album.

Listening to it now, just got through Slomo and Star Roving, absolutely brilliant. I reckon this and the new Joe Goddard album will have top spots on my AOTY list.

New Her is very nice.

New Overhead, The Albatross video for progy instrumentalness.  Would be nice in The Glade like Vessels were last year, or maybe in the Park?

They are from Ireland, so whilst I'm not holding my breath for an appearance I'm quietly hopeful.  Now if we could get If These Trees Could Talk as well, that would be quite something.