2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

For a second there I thought it was gonna end at the 3 minute mark. Glad I was wrong. Could've fitted right on to the last album but sounded pretty great.

Aye, thoroughly enjoyed that. No need to reinvent for the sake of it if you're churning out good stuff.

They just capture that kind of woozy, dreamlike feeling perfectly.

3 hours ago, st dan said:

Knowing WOD, the track will probably take up the full half an hour in that slot! 

Great to have them back though .. it will have to be some album to top or match Lost in the Dream which is definitely one of my favourite albums of the 'Tensies'.

and it's only their 2nd best album of the 'tensies' after Slave Ambient!

4 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

more new London Grammar 

honestly didn't have high expectations for this comeback album but I love every song they've put out from it so far

this is pretty amazing, and i admit that each track they put out i find myself more and more curious about them. i've sort have been a track by track person with them, do i buy the first album? is it that good?

i wandered off for a bit during Kasabian in '14 and saw about 2nd half of their JPeel set and thought it was amazing.

hope to see them sunday this year

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Aw man that's divine. Not anything that'll pique the interest of anyone that wasn't already a fan but sounds as good as ever. Now, need Adam to dish out the deets on the new record toot sweet.

That was the first WOD track I've ever purposefully listened to and it certainly piqued my interest

Just now, alien said:

That was the first WOD track I've ever purposefully listened to and it certainly piqued my interest

Ah I meant if you'd listened to them before and thought it wasn't up to much then this wouldn't have changed that. Basically I was saying it sounds like The War on Drugs, as Stu said earlier. :P

Anybody checked out Gorillaz new one yet? Given it a few listens and thought it was okay, although struggled to get really excited about it tbh. Few great songs but every time I reach the end I've just kind of lost interest. Gonna persist with a few more listens through as there are some definite bangers in there.

I was a bit apprehensive about the new Slowdive album, but after about 1 minute I was slowly being lifted off into space.  Slomo is utterly gorgeous, one of the best songs they have ever made.  And the rest of the album is fantastic too.  Wasn't sure about Sugar For The Pill when I first heard it a few weeks ago, but it makes perfect sense as part of the album.

Just now, windy_miller said:

I was a bit apprehensive about the new Slowdive album, but after about 1 minute I was slowly being lifted off into space.  Slomo is utterly gorgeous, one of the best songs they have ever made.  And the rest of the album is fantastic too.  Wasn't sure about Sugar For The Pill when I first heard it a few weeks ago, but it makes perfect sense as part of the album.

Yep I've listened to this album so much already that I'm now a little sick of it :lol: Slomo, Star Roving, Sugar for the Pill, No Longer Making Time and Go Get It are all huge (and the other songs are also great). 

Likewise on Sugar for the Pill also. Thought it was okay when they released it but it really comes to life within the album.

I only really know Soulvaki but I'm really enjoying the new Slowdive album too, going to have to give their others a listen too. Bit annoying to get into them just after they've toured here though, hopefully they'll be back later in the year. Would agree that Star Roving, Slomo and no Longer Making Time are all highlights and the last song reminds me of Daydreaming by Radiohead a lot which isn't a bad thing.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody checked out Gorillaz new one yet? Given it a few listens and thought it was okay, although struggled to get really excited about it tbh. Few great songs but every time I reach the end I've just kind of lost interest. Gonna persist with a few more listens through as there are some definite bangers in there.

yeah just gave it a listen and think its comfortably their worst album, did nothing for me. I know its one of their key aspects but there were far too many features, none of which particularly grabbed me. I also thought the instrumentals were really dull as a whole.

On 21/04/2017 at 3:39 PM, tevaburger said:

this is pretty amazing, and i admit that each track they put out i find myself more and more curious about them. i've sort have been a track by track person with them, do i buy the first album? is it that good?

i wandered off for a bit during Kasabian in '14 and saw about 2nd half of their JPeel set and thought it was amazing.

hope to see them sunday this year

the debut is good and along the same lines but nothing on it stands up to Big Picture or Oh Woman Oh Man from this one, at least I don't think so. there's a couple of stunners though, and a lovely reworking of that Nightcall song from the Drive soundtrack. of the new tracks, I'd say Rooting for You probably sounds the most similar to their old stuff