2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

The Moondlandingz record is getting some pretty good reviews, has anyone here heard it yet? I'm totally new to them at the Fat Whites, so I don't really know what to expect. Is it physc?

About half way through it. All sorts going on there. Pop, rock, glam, synth, industrial. Liking it.

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

can you lovely people recommend me some youtube vids of a hot new act, where the tune is something everyone should get to hear, and where they're already announced* for a UK festival this year

(* strong rumoured+ for Glasto, too).

Your choices will be featured in the video of the day section of the site.

Thanks. :)

(I'm stumped for ideas, and with too little time to think and research).

Playing Download already but could easily see them popping up at Glastonbury on the basis of them being an up and coming British act 

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well if you don't like it, I can't see it getting much love at all. Not heard it myself yet, but if that's Damon fanboy Wooderson's review I won't hold my breath. 

I like a couple of tunes of theirs so had a listen. Initially thought it was one of those long youtube ads for tampons or something that play before the song until I heard Damons voice. 

this lot are on at Liverpool Sound City. I have zero idea of their likelihood for Glastonbury!!  This is a pretty commercial version of a sound that is very Northern and gritty the three times I've seen them live. Good to hear those swirling synth grooves coming back though. It's a trend I'm really liking. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That Vinny Stapes track is top. Jehnny Beth one is Shitsville. Other ones somewhere in between and forgettable.

Crazy how big Gorillaz have gotten. Seemingly amongst kids about as old as Clint Eastwood (the song) but yeah, Blur must be becoming the lesser known Albarn outfit.

Yeah, maybe I just don't remember it that well but everyone seems way more hyped for this than Plastic Beach