2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Alt-J song officially released

Never been a fan but this is at least interesting. Curious to hear how it'll go down at an Other Stage headline slot, mind (not that I'll be there).

Damning verdict from Mrs 2 hats.  She's in the other room and just messaged me to ask "Are you listening to phil collins?!!"

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Damning verdict from Mrs 2 hats.  She's in the other room and just messaged me to ask "Are you listening to phil collins?!!"

How big is your house? Unless by 'messaged' you mean shouted.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Unfortunately nothing so grandiose.  I'm in the basement with all our shit that should really go to the tip.

So what you are saying is you were in the cellar while she was in the drawing room...

Flow of new music is really coming in now winter's over. Moon Duo have announced a second album for the year, and their first was top draw so whammy.

Has anyone been following the progress of Idles? Bristol punk band, I've seen their name slowly cropping up all over the place and - to say there seems to be quantity over quality of punk bands being pushed thru bc of the political climate - these guys are definitely worth a listen. Got a stream of their album on now and it's so far pretty damn good.

Here's a track:

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, supasum said:

PSB just left a teasing video on Facebook, 'I believe in progress'. And left the date Thursday 9th march. 

Maybe new single, and maybe a date for album. 

Wonder what theme they'll follow ! 

I always thought the civil rights movement would be full of great speeches. I Believe In Progress kinda fits with that.  We shall see very soon.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I always thought the civil rights movement would be full of great speeches. I Believe In Progress kinda fits with that.  We shall see very soon.

Could certainly lead to another great album.

after the race for space I thought PSB were probably in one of the most exciting positions in the music industry, with where to go next ! 

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Flow of new music is really coming in now winter's over. Moon Duo have announced a second album for the year, and their first was top draw so whammy.

Has anyone been following the progress of Idles? Bristol punk band, I've seen their name slowly cropping up all over the place and - to say there seems to be quantity over quality of punk bands being pushed thru bc of the political climate - these guys are definitely worth a listen. Got a stream of their album on now and it's so far pretty damn good.

Here's a track:

Mad keen on that Idles track. Heard a couple of their tunes before, been meaning to dig a bit deeper. Is the album on Spotify? 

Really enjoyed the latest Moon Duo EP as well. Haven't got round to listening to the first album yet. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

24 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Mad keen on that Idles track. Heard a couple of their tunes before, been meaning to dig a bit deeper. Is the album on Spotify? 

Really enjoyed the latest Moon Duo EP as well. Haven't got round to listening to the first album yet. 

Nah I think it's out Friday so it'll be on Spotify then but you can listen to a pre-release stream here.

• Upvote 1

The Shins new one has leaked.

I'm really looking forward to the new Magnetic Fields, it's out on Friday, 5 discs and 50 songs. 3 discs are up on NPR for streaming now and I've listened to bits and sounds like it's going to be great. Waiting until the full album is out to give it a proper listen though.