2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

new Alt-j track has leaked, definitely different from their other stuff but still not doing much for me https://clyp.it/rsravct2

new album info here - http://www.stereogum.com/1928010/preview-new-alt-j-song-3ww-in-lp3-teaser/video/

wow, they could've easily got stuck being defined by their previous sound but it sounds like they're matured past that.

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

new Alt-j track has leaked, definitely different from their other stuff but still not doing much for me https://clyp.it/rsravct2

new album info here - http://www.stereogum.com/1928010/preview-new-alt-j-song-3ww-in-lp3-teaser/video/

I don't hate that.

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

yeh me neither. I've never been a fan of them and this track doesn't change that but prefer it to a lot of their stuff.

I though Breezeblock was a decent tune but the album did nothing for me. At least this is a bit more interesting 

23 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

New Temples is good , if you liked the last album , no massive change. I dig it.

Heh. I didn't really like the last one. Tried really hard, for whatever reason, but it was rubbs.

I feel like there's a massive change in this one. Dived headlong into space rock for a lot of the songs and it's really worked imo. Put it on as background with low expectations from the last album but I'm enjoying it a lot.

4 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Badass album art. Will have to see if the song matches.

Edited by dentalplan

On 24/02/2017 at 11:29 PM, guypjfreak said:

Dreadzone has new album out.. Top of the range.. Seeing them on the 3rd..some twats stole Mc Spee's stick at a gig... Good thing was a new one was being made for him by some great beans. I had the pleasure of donating towards it but there are some lovely bloody people out there. . A friend presented it to him tother day.. I saw the pictures as it was being done but can't wait to see it in person.. 

Fucking great album and got into top 40 today check it out yea and I'm really hoping there at Glastonbury again it's like a ritual to get some Dread love. 

received_10206305173706512.jpeg

received_10206305173666511.jpeg

Bloody great gig last night.. Ok so I asked Greg if they were playing Glastonbury but he said that they had 2 gigs somewhere BUT he also he as I was leaving.... But you never know... Mmmm will have to wait and see. 

Mc Spee liked his stick lol

17098638_1750118595279172_8426481846594496797_n.jpg

17155470_1750118871945811_1779973532114358923_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2017 at 10:47 PM, guypjfreak said:

I'm seeing them Friday so will ask. I know there down for bt but I think there actually elsewhere over Glastonbury which is mad cos it's always a definite for us.. I'll post pic Sunday... Need Saturday to recover lol 

Hello @guypjfreakhow was the gig?

In an effort to keep up to date, I have spent this weekend listening to the new ones by, in order of preference - 

1. Grandaddy

2. King Gizzard

3. Temples

4. Ed Sheeran

Positions of the first three could change on repeated listens. 4 is staying where it is. Unless someone gives me a CD of a bloke throwing up for 40 minutes and playing banjo between heaves, in which case Ed drops down to 5. That fiddly diddly Irish stuff is shocking.

3 hours ago, Perks said:

Hello @guypjfreakhow was the gig?

Great as always.. I've posted a few pictures 2 posts up.. I'm not sure Dreadzone will be at Glastonbury this year tho.. Shame as it's always a good meeting place for old friends.. Abit like baggy Mondays is if you go to that.. 

Check out the pics 

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Great as always.. I've posted a few pictures 2 posts up.. I'm not sure Dreadzone will be at Glastonbury this year tho.. Shame as it's always a good meeting place for old friends.. Abit like baggy Mondays is if you go to that.. 

Check out the pics 

Ah great photos, gutted they might not be there. I'm seeing them at BT, but yeah love catching them at Glastonbury.

Still Im not giving up till the full line up is announced...or they announce a gig on the Sunday!!

Just now, Perks said:

Ah great photos, gutted they might not be there. I'm seeing them at BT, but yeah love catching them at Glastonbury.

Still Im not giving up till the full line up is announced...or they announce a gig on the Sunday!!

Yea as Greg said.. You never know.. You know when someone says that to you in that you never know sort of way well that's how he said it.. Lol

SO... YOU NEVER KNOW lol

49 minutes ago, Perks said:

Here's the moment Spee was given his new stick.. 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1750103358614029&id=100008431445836&substory_index=12

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Cheers mr, but I'm not Facebook, so I can't see it. Thanks though. Bet he was well chuffed.

12 minutes ago, Perks said:

Cheers mr, but I'm not Facebook, so I can't see it. Thanks though. Bet he was well chuffed.

Yea he was some c..t only went and stole his last stick a few weeks back... Mad ah.. Who nicks someone's walking stick.. 

37 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea he was some c..t only went and stole his last stick a few weeks back... Mad ah.. Who nicks someone's walking stick.. 

w*nkers dude.

Lucky there's decent folk about who hook him another up, cool you got donate towards it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Perks said:

w*nkers dude.

Lucky there's decent folk about who hook him another up, cool you got donate towards it.

Init.. It's nice when a band you like are approachable.. If they do play this year I might meet up with you.. 

Peace and cold tea. G

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Alt-J song officially released

Never been a fan but this is at least interesting. Curious to hear how it'll go down at an Other Stage headline slot, mind (not that I'll be there).

The first 2:25 of that are lovely. Can't see it getting played on the radio though so their ascent will level off now, if hasn't already.