2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

15 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

2 from 2 for the new songs. Brilliant stuff. 

Park stage after dark please. 

Yeah park stage would be immense. I reckon theyll be Other stage 3rd down though. They free all weekend?

6 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yeah park stage would be immense. I reckon theyll be Other stage 3rd down though. They free all weekend?

They've got confirmed tour dates until the end of April. Then it's festival season and they're already confirmed for quite a few. I'd be really surprised if they weren't on the farm. 

Hope you're wrong on the Other stage though. Think they'd pull a small crowd on there and would be a bit lost. Headlining The Park opposite the ginger one would be perfect for me. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

They've got confirmed tour dates until the end of April. Then it's festival season and they're already confirmed for quite a few. I'd be really surprised if they weren't on the farm. 

Hope you're wrong on the Other stage though. Think they'd pull a small crowd on there and would be a bit lost. Headlining The Park opposite the ginger one would be perfect for me. 

I generally am, so we should be alright. Yeah Park Stage would be perfect. Let's hope eh. 

29 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Only heard once but wasn't as struck by it as the last one. 

Nah I didn't think it was as good either. Nowt wrong with it though so they signs are promising for the album. 

I came across these guys Parcels from Australia (tho now based in Berlin) on Spotify. Not entirely sure what I make of them, but its quite nice groovy, funky 80's inspired pop. Getting a few comparisons to Daft Punk, fairly obvious why... 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Is there any new electro pop I should be looking out for?

Aye. The new Vitalic album - Voyager. I put a clip up a few posts ago. It's on spotify, I really enjoyed it.

Edit - More electro house I guess but there are certainly bits of Depeche Mode among others in there. It's new but seems pretty familiar at the same time. 

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

6 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Aye. The new Vitalic album - Voyager. I put a clip up a few posts ago. It's on spotify, I really enjoyed it.

Edit - More electro house I guess but there are certainly bits of Depeche Mode among others in there. It's new but seems pretty familiar at the same time. 

Been having a listen after seeing your post earlier on mate. Really like what I have heard so far :-D

Saw Cabbage with 150 peeps at the Hare and Hounds in Birmingham last night and was absolutely blown away by their energy and the quality of their set. I think they are rumoured and they are a must see imo.

Shout out too for the Shimmer Band supporting who also put in an entertaining hour of psychedelia.

That Sinkane record gets better with every listen, loving it already. 

Also out today is Rationale's second EP, album set to come out in March. Mostly R&B stuff on record but live it transforms into a seriously funky full band outfit. Most recent single from it is the most chilled and slow (Tethered), but as a whole his stuff is good fun:  

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's just as pedestrian as the lead single, sadly. They've given up jangle and turned the amps up a bit, I can't see it really working out for them as it's what people liked about them.

Oh man, listened to it and that's just made me a bit sad to be honest. All the joy from the first album has just been sucked out.

OK, so the new Bob Stanley and Pete Wiggs compilation 'English Weather'. It's tremendous. Loads of early 1970s odd little gems, a wee but psych, a wee bit prog, a wee bit weird. I'm finding it properly addictive and intriguing.

No, no, it's not technically 'new' music. I see your point. Anyway, it's fucking great.

EnglishWeatherCD_72d_1.thumb.jpg.1e2dd6eb230987733de96375cd65e174.jpg

Yeah that Tinariwen record is great stuff. I'm hoping for an early slot off them.

Was surprised when Mark Lanegan's voice came in. Ironically, I was surprised not to hear Lanegan on Duke Garwood's new album which I first listened to directly before - also a good listen. Guess he's nailed on to play given he's in Mark's band and also signed to Heavenly Recs, who usually get the roam of a Wills Green or at least Crow's Nest bill over the weekend.

Edited by dentalplan

22 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Where are you seeing them? I'm gonna be at their Electric Brixton show in March

Glee Club Bham, 8th March I think. Very much looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll be joining us in June. Were you at the acoustic tent gig? (2014 maybe) rammed! Bloody great. 

24 minutes ago, Perks said:

Glee Club Bham, 8th March I think. Very much looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll be joining us in June. Were you at the acoustic tent gig? (2014 maybe) rammed! Bloody great. 

Wicked. Nah I wasn't, I didn't go in 2014 but I bet that was a great set. I've managed to catch them live a couple times and they've always been great so I'm very much looking forward to March!