2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

On revisiting Japandroids, it's not as bad as I found it to be the other day now I'm over the initial disappointment that it isn't all punk rock and party, but it's still definitely a bit toothless. Looking forward to hearing the first two tracks live.

Gotta shout out the new Cherry Glazerr record Apocalypstick. It's a damn good rockin' romp. Here's one...

Loving the new album and really hoping they come to Glasto, One UK date in Camden in Feb but nothing listed after March. They look fantastic live.

That video is terrifying!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Quite surprised by how much I'm enjoying Sohn's album. Getting a few plays this week. Bonobo just gets better with every listen.

New Sundara Karma album's a goodun too, thanks whoever it was recommended that one!

Agreed on the SOHN and Bonobo albums. Both fantastic. 

Will check out the Sundara Larma album. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Quite surprised by how much I'm enjoying Sohn's album. Getting a few plays this week. Bonobo just gets better with every listen.

New Sundara Karma album's a goodun too, thanks whoever it was recommended that one!

Bonobo's is so good, Quark, that I'd now be pretty blooming miffed if he wasn't announced for this year's Variety Bazaar!

:)

Ben

Need to go back to Bonobo's album but I agree on the Sohn one, enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Keep getting Conrad stuck in my head. 

I also think I was too harsh on the new Japandroids album before. Listened to it 4-5 times over the weekend and it's grown on me, still not what i was expecting but now i'm over the initial disappointment i'm appreciating it a lot more.

On 21/01/2017 at 8:34 AM, Quark said:

Not everyone's (anyone's?) cuppa by any stretch, but new album from One OK Rock is out now.

Had a blast watching them at Download and got a soft spot for them ever since! Maybe one for you @Tartan_Glasto

Been listening to these guys over the weekend and really enjoying their new album! Thank you for pointing me to them :) 

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Been listening to these guys over the weekend and really enjoying their new album! Thank you for pointing me to them :)

Good stuff, based on the stuff on your wishlist I thought they might work for you.  If you get a chance to see them live they are really good fun, lots of energy and throwing foolish guitar shapes :)