Timbuktu

Crazyfool01

I've been going to Glastonbury for many years but there are several things / places I've never been , including the efest meet , piano bar and rabbit hole , was thinking I better try some of these things next  year , where are the places you regulars haven't been ? and what prevents this ? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strummerville is ace. Great for a cup of tea and a campfire at 2am.

Returning last year after a 16-year break, I didn't see anyone on the John Peel Stage - think I visited everywhere else. Hopefully will be something on there this year that catches my eye. Don't remember visiting the New Bands tent in the 90s...if it was even up then.

1 hour ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

I've never been to the Rabbit Hole for some reason, despite always wanting to go.

I don't even know where it's meant to be in the Park and I've been there loads. I'm always so bloody drunk

Keep an eye out for this guy, he should be able to point you in the right direction...

IMG_7351.JPG

another place for the list , although I think I went before it moved , last year was my first visit to jp to see a band although been past it many times , so much still to see even for the regulars , so those newbies that visit just go with the flow and don't feel that you have to rush and see it all , you won't !! I still marvel at the size of it even now , oh and the new wood !! didn't even go there when camped next to it ! and yes I do leave the tent !!

Never been in any of the small venues in Shangri La eg Lovebullets HQ. Would like to get involved but normally done in by that time and wanting to go and sit by a nice bonfire.

Never seen a DJ or musical act in the temple although did inadvertently get caught in a tomato fight one year as walked in just as it was kicking off. When I look at the line up I'm like yeah I'll go for the 6am finish in the temple on the Sunday night but it never happens!

Always cover a lot of mileage so reckon I have been to most corners of the site over the years but often just passing through things like the cabaret tents rather than taking the time to participate.

A nice sunny year would make getting to these places in the early hours a lot easier!

there are quite a few places I think I have never been

only to get reminded when I go again that actually I have been there

last year was the first year actually going to some bars in the Green Peace fields. actually had a great night.

the kids field is awesome

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

there are quite a few places I think I have never been

only to get reminded when I go again that actually I have been there

last year was the first year actually going to some bars in the Green Peace fields. actually had a great night.

the kids field is awesome

Ditto with the Green Fields, wandered through there on Thursday night this year.  Was really surprised by how much was still going on! 

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Piano bar sounds like it's somewhere to have gone 10 years ago but is up it's own arse now from what I can tell. Went once. Saw the queue. Fucked off.

I had friends that went there last year and enjoyed it , (not to say I will though) had also heard about its exclusiveness , but I guess I will try it and form my own opinion , unfortunately queuing is part and parcel of Glastonbury these days wether it be for food or even the loos  , so I don't mind a small one or two it all depends on the speed its moving , I also like having a chat with people in queues its a change to say hello when people aren't in a rush to get somewhere else .