Timbuktu

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, it's right next door.

I'd been going to Glastonbury for well over a decade before I saw a band in acoustic.

The Acoustic has been home to some of the best performances I've ever seen at Glastonbury.  It's also great if it's hissing with r**n.

Got a couple of nice simple eateries outside too like the Cakehole.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Little Andy said:

I've been loads to a Rabbit Hole tent in The Park (where Dermot O'Leary DJs), but I always hear people on here talking about a rabbit hole tunnel you crawl through, which I've never seen. Is that a separate thing?

Yeah that's the one I hear about, and you're asked some kind of riddle like in a Monty Python sketch. Never been able to find it, altho perhaps I've been close. 

Normally in the Park for breakfast and then don't go back until the silent disco (which I think has moved now) so I've prob never really tried to find it, altho the idea of having to answer a riddle and crawling through a tunnel does sound appealing 

Underground Piano Bar - though I know where it is, just couldn't face the trek in the early hours. Wimp!

Haven't been to SE corner in a while. The crowds are too much.

Rabbit Hole club 'secret' tunnel used to be behind a curtain to the right of the stage in the RH tent in The Park. Was so exciting to find it!! But now it has an official and very obvious entrance outside. Still great fun and recommended.

Havent been to the naturist area Lost Horizons?? Yet....:D

I've still never been to the Rabbit Hole or the Piano Bar. Although I stumbled upon the Dragon this year by accident - is the Piano Bar next to this? Other than the hidden stuff I've still never seen anything in Theatre, Circus or Cabaret, generally thinking I need to explore that area more. I always say every year I'm going to plan to see all these things and then just end up losing all plans - which is definitely best the way. 

16 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

When you do grow up enough, remember to take a chair with you. Rows and rows of them in there.

The chairs are all in a special little area towards the back. Not permitted anywhere else. 

They seem to have a thing about flash photography in there. As soon as anyone takes one, a little sign on a stick pops up. I get that some artists might not like it but I've never seen this anywhere else at the festival. 

SE Corner. I would love to go, but there is too much going on in the daytime that I want to do and I just can't stay up for 24 hours.  For the same reason I watch Arcadia in the distance spouting fire from outside my tent before turning in for the nightl Magical all the same.

2 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Never visited Strummerville because I can never bloody find the place. Also never been to The Park after dark. 

Stand at the Stone Circle facing downhill. Turn to your left. Leave King's Meadow by the left hand entrance. Immediately turn left again and start up heart attack hill. When almost at the gate to (ewwwww) Worthy View, lurch to the right into the copse of trees.

Ta and, quite literally, da.

:)

Ben

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Stand at the Stone Circle facing downhill. Turn to your left. Leave King's Meadow by the left hand entrance. Immediately turn left again and start up heart attack hill. When almost at the gate to (ewwwww) Worthy View, lurch to the right into the copse of trees.

Ta and, quite literally, da.

:)

Ben

Nice one Ben cheers, I'll have to scout it out next year. Although knowing me I'll probably get distracted by something else whilst trying to find it. 

Edited by BlackHole2006