Lovebox 2017

aidenlangan95

• 2 months later...

Yeah, how have they contrived to book the perfect sub for Frank, only to put her on the second stage :wacko: That Friday is incredibly tempting but only if they'll promise it will be possible to do a run of Jamie XX > Solange > Frank without being stuck at the back for two of them, I don't mind Mac Miller but he didn't put out the most lovely album of 2016 :(

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah, how have they contrived to book the perfect sub for Frank, only to put her on the second stage :wacko: That Friday is incredibly tempting but only if they'll promise it will be possible to do a run of Jamie XX > Solange > Frank without being stuck at the back for two of them, I don't mind Mac Miller but he didn't put out the most lovely album of 2016 :(

How are you finding out who plays what stage?

Friday is amazing. They've managed to put all the acts on the line up I like on the one day.

And I think Mac's intentions were good and the record has its moments but he went about it the wrong way and made it pretty seedy and gross.

13 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Is Solange definitely on the 2nd stage?

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

How are you finding out who plays what stage?

Someone posted a tweet saying the Friday running orders were

Main: Salen > RNB Man > Mac Miller > Jamie XX > Frank

West Stage: Charlotte Day Wilson > Rex Orange County > Ray BLK > Mick Jenkins > Kaytranada > Sampha > Solange

...and they replied saying "that is the running order but doesn't mean there will be clashes". Hopefully that's just a miscommunication though, if Main somehow went RNB Man > Sampha > Jamie XX > Solange > Frank Ocean that'd be the run of the summer

Edited by Zac Quinn

4 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

it looks even more badly balanced with the stage splits, I can't understand how the Saturday is so weak compared to the Friday? Madness

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

it is so badly balanced, I can't understand how the Saturday is so weak compared to the Friday? Madness

To be fair, last year was fairly unbalanced but the 'worse' day had LCD soundsystem headlining (so the good, oh my god they were so good headliner) and the 'stronger' day had Major Lazer headlining and they weren't great tbh.

8 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

To be fair, last year was fairly unbalanced but the 'worse' day had LCD soundsystem headlining (so the good, oh my god they were so good headliner) and the 'stronger' day had Major Lazer headlining and they weren't great tbh.

Well exactly, they did the sensible thing and booked a stronger headliner to top the day with the weaker undercard and vice versa. This year, unless you're somehow still desperate to see Jess Glynne play the same setlist she's been touring for approximately a millenium, everything is on the Friday. Obviously good news for punters but illogical for the organisers trying to shift Saturday and weekend tickets

Edited by Zac Quinn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2017 at 1:20 PM, Zac Quinn said:

Set times up. Only 80 minutes for Frank, yuck.

Yeah its about standard for him, same at parklife but he came out 20mins late then went 10 mins over curfew.

On a side note, whats the quickets way to get out of the festival and get to clapham??