ryan.wills

Phoenix?

Sub the Other on Saturday. 

National > Phoenix > Warpaint is the dream 

Is there a reason why people are saying Saturday? big gap in their schedule suggests that  they could do any at this point?

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Is there a reason why people are saying Saturday? big gap in their schedule suggests that  they could do any at this point?

Probably because the festival is planning on putting every act anyone wants to see on at the same time so people are just preparing for the inevitable.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Sunday evening is gonna be a shiter (up until Justice/BBK) just to rub in the Fri/Sat clashterfuck even more. Although I do want to see Chic. Basically whilst Biffy Clyro are on it's all gonna be shit.

Shame that playing a headliner slot, unlikely to see them against the Jacksons party going on a few fields over.

14 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Shame that playing a headliner slot, unlikely to see them against the Jacksons party going on a few fields over.

Yeah. Kind of glad they don't clash with The National/Avalanches though.

Think my Sat headliner is sorted!

Was kinda hoping they'd slot in on Other before Warpaint on Park, but I saw the girls late last year so Phoenix on Saturday night it is for me. Can't wait 

Sorry to the Phoenix fans but Run The Jewels should have been in this slot!!! 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Let this be a cautionary tale of assigning an act to a slot bc you wanted them there.

I actually kept predicting other acts there out of pessimism (Bonobo, Crystal Fighters, Goldfrapp) until they all seemed ruled out and I finally let myself believe it'd be RTJ!

Perfect, Saturday was looking a little thin on the ground for me so I'm well up for this. It'll be the first JP headliner I've seen.

Only issue is that RTJ's slot now rules Mura Masa out for me.

Phoenix closed JP on the Sunday 2013 and it was one of the best shows I've ever been too.

This time they have 20 more minutes than in 2013...

Right lads and lassies, looking like this lot might be my unexpected Saturday night headliner. Can someone suggest a crash course playlist to get my prepared over the next three weeks? Never listened to them before, help brother out

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Right lads and lassies, looking like this lot might be my unexpected Saturday night headliner. Can someone suggest a crash course playlist to get my prepared over the next three weeks? Never listened to them before, help brother out

Their album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a great album I'd start with that.

1901, Lasso, Fences, Armistice and the Love like a sunset tracks are my favs

Edited by Wilfko
  • Upvote 1

Echo the above as a starting point + they still play pretty much all of the album these days too.

Very happy with this news! Foos would've been decent enough for me but this is the one. See you there :)

I've just listened to it (got the new singles on now) and funnily enough it was when Love Like A Sunset Part 1 came on that I picked up my phone to check what the track was called. That definitely hooked me in, think I should be able to jump on this bandwagon 

• Upvote 1

Alphabetical has some pretty infectious grooves on it when you're done with Wolfgang. Dunno how much of it they play live now though. 

They will probably play lots from Wolfgang, a couple from It's Never Been Like That + Too Young and Entertainment.

With some from the new album of course.