ryan.wills

Phoenix?

What do we think about the possibility of Phoenix returning this year? Headlined the John Peel stage in 2013. Have prepped website and social network pages to the television test pattern, typically implying a channel or transmitter is active but is not yet broadcasting anything. Have announced their first festival date for next summer with Bilbao BBK Live. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 17.57.32.png

Anyone else see them getting an early-ish Pyramid slot?

They've got the tunes for it, although I would worry about whether Thomas's voice would carry well enough, he's not the strongest of singers

12 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Best set I've seen in 2013. It was too short. But absolutely incredible.

They were so so good. I was pretty far back, but was a great spectacle. Love it when the singer gets involved with the crowd!

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

P-h-e-o-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you.

Thou shalt not express your shock at the fact that Sharon got off with Brad at a club last night by saying "Izzit".

• Upvote 2

Pheonix was a club in Manchester back in the day, twas the most excellent of venues, 

that is all

carry on

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Anyone else see them getting an early-ish Pyramid slot?

They've got the tunes for it, although I would worry about whether Thomas's voice would carry well enough, he's not the strongest of singers

I would say subbing other stage or Headlining West Holts

13 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

No chance they're big enough to headline WH

that would have nothing to do with it.

35 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

What would be the additional reasoning? Save for the bookers of that field not fancying them anyway 

Do they fit with any of the other acts which have played that stage? I'd say very definitely not, unless their output has changed radically in the last decade (cos i can't be sure I've heard anything in that time).... and it's no coincidence that they've played JP previously.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Do they fit with any of the other acts which have played that stage? I'd say very definitely not, unless their output has changed radically in the last decade (cos i can't be sure I've heard anything in that time).... and it's no coincidence that they've played JP previously.

Could arguably put them alongside someone like Hot Chip?

29 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Could arguably put them alongside someone like Hot Chip?

not in my world, but maybe in yours I guess.

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

If you go by last years lineup I suppose they still fit the JP stage the most. Bankrupt didn't have as big an impact as Wolfgang did but was still a great album. I sort of saw them playing a bigger stage almost out of long term respect.. If you will.