Phoenix?

ryan.wills

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing them at Reading Festival in 2010(?) and was blown away by their set design. One of the craziest light shows I've seen, was so good. This new set up looks equally up there and will be perfect in JP, was scared they'd have a daytime outdoor set and would have ruined this but really happy with their placement.

Very very excited to finally get to see Phoenix as a longtime fan. New stuff sounds great, so with that added to Bankrupt!, WAP, United etc, we'll be in for a set chock-full of hits. 

I remember seeing their coachella set a few years ago and thinking that their live shows are pretty special. 

Love like a sunset. yes please!

4 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Bit of a shitter. Keep the faith though!

Yep. Who knows, maybe they have new material that will fill in the long build - climax hole we will need filling! :blink:

Edit: they did attempt something similar with Bankrupt!, so it's maybe a tactic they'll look to employ again.

Edited by Eyebrow

Just now, pastorofmuppets said:

It hasn't been cut, they play it as a mashup with Bankrupt, it's called Sunskrupt on set lists usually. They've been doing it for a while, I think they did it when they played in 2013?

Interesting. My edit accidentally almost makes a similar point 

Been hammering Phoenix a bit the last few days to make sure this is where I wanna be on Saturday night and I'm actually really excited for this now. I only really knew 5 or so songs before now but the rest of their stuff holds up brilliantly and their setlists look great. Stage show looks incredible, too.

A 2-for-1 of Phoenix and Father John Misty over Foos is defo the right Saturday night choice for me.

Ah the Jacksons/Phoenix clash is doing me head in. I might just have to see where night takes me. I've seen Phoenix a few times before (including 2 perfect Glastonbury slots) - if they weren't headlining again I'd be there in a heartbeat, but I know my mates will most likely all be in West Holts and it feels like that will be an awesome boogie with the team.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Porcelina said:

Gave it a couple of listens but it's really weak compared to the last three - if far from bad. Has made my decision not to see them this time a lot easier!

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm not a huge fan. Will make missing them on the farm a little less difficult.

I'm still going to go (after 1st hour of Foos) I think as heard they were amazing last time. Hoping they don't play to many from new album but suspect they'll open with the album opener as it's fairly lively. Hoping they still open with Entertainment though.

2 hours ago, cammie81 said:

Anyone picked up the new album? It's good but no quite as good as Bunkrupt! Full of catchy songs and may yet grow on me though.

I love it. I think it's only slightly weaker than W.A.P and stronger than Bankrupt! Horses for courses though. 

For me it's rapidly becoming my most anticipated set of the weekend. 

40 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

I love it. I think it's only slightly weaker than W.A.P and stronger than Bankrupt! Horses for courses though. 

For me it's rapidly becoming my most anticipated set of the weekend. 

That bodes well. Only listened to it a few times and albums have a habit of growing on me.

Can't wait either, only seen them twice before but were amazing and never seen them as Glastonbury. Hoping for Long Distance Call as haven't seen it live. 

Not long now, countdown is on.

• 2 weeks later...