Phoenix?

ryan.wills

What do we think about the possibility of Phoenix returning this year? Headlined the John Peel stage in 2013. Have prepped website and social network pages to the television test pattern, typically implying a channel or transmitter is active but is not yet broadcasting anything. Have announced their first festival date for next summer with Bilbao BBK Live. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 17.57.32.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

What would be the additional reasoning? Save for the bookers of that field not fancying them anyway 

Do they fit with any of the other acts which have played that stage? I'd say very definitely not, unless their output has changed radically in the last decade (cos i can't be sure I've heard anything in that time).... and it's no coincidence that they've played JP previously.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Do they fit with any of the other acts which have played that stage? I'd say very definitely not, unless their output has changed radically in the last decade (cos i can't be sure I've heard anything in that time).... and it's no coincidence that they've played JP previously.

Could arguably put them alongside someone like Hot Chip?

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

If you go by last years lineup I suppose they still fit the JP stage the most. Bankrupt didn't have as big an impact as Wolfgang did but was still a great album. I sort of saw them playing a bigger stage almost out of long term respect.. If you will.