The Fallow Year

shuttlep

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been some rumblings of a Lollapalooza trip for a few of us in my group and roll it into a a couple of weeks in the US. It's around my birthday too which would be quite decent, although the idea of drinking in a playpen is a major turnoff. 

Will probably just end up trying out Boom town or Bestival.

When I didn't - at first - get Glastonbury 2016 tickets, I registered to work with Oxfam, and had the chance to work the festival with them.

So in the fallow year, I really want to support Oxfam and work at least one of the many festivals they do, I haven't decided yet (WOMAD, 200 Trees, Latitude, maybe), any experience working other festivals I would appreciate the feedback...

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 hour ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Going to do a bunch of smaller weekend fests instead, Solfest, Lindisfarne etc and take the Mrs on a proper holiday during G week.

That's my plan if Ibiza doesn't come off, and trying to get all 20 of us to Ibiza may be a tough ask. So a few smaller festivals maybe one in Europe would make me happy

2 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

I'll be getting married and hopefully going away on honeymoon following my proposal at last year's festival. Will probably take that year off festivals and will hopefully return to Glastonbury in 2019. 

That shows planning

step one find out when fallow year is

step 2 ask mrs to get married at festival the year before

step 3 go on honeymoon when festival is on. never missing a festival

Still trying to get tickets for 2017 (fingers crossed for resale).  But if that doesn't happen then 2017 will also be a fallow year for me.

Maybe a family holiday. I can't bear the idea of sitting at home and watching Glasto on the TV when I'm not able to be there.

These days I no longer have my big festival tent and have become a caravan convert but it's a biggie and I don't favour lugging it around Europe