field day 2017

zahidf

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/19/2017 at 0:50 PM, dentalplan said:

Afraid so. They've both been announced as headliners of their stages and the last two years, the Crack Stage headliners look to have finished halfway thru the EYOE (main) stage headliners.

:unsure:

SO, 

RTJ will clash with Radiohead at Glasto
RTJ will clash with Slowdive at Field Day
RTJ Roundhouse tickets vanished in front of my eyes

I think i'll skip Slowdive this time round as I saw them at the Garage last month.. anyone who hasn't seen them they are a must. New album is a blinder too.

I've got Slowdive at EOTR in September, so that's fine. I do, however, want to see RTJ, Thee Oh Sees, Aphex Twin and Flying Lotus, who are all headlining their respective stages.

Saw RTJ at the Roundhouse and Thee Oh Sees at EOTR last year, so I guess they'd be the first I'd scrub out. But they are both SOOOOOOO good, that'll be gutted.

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for that Tuna! I do bloody love a good Clashfinder.

Annoying if Hopkins and Goddard clash, so I hope that's not the case. Also I thought Flying Lotus and Aphex weren't clashing? Am I being dense?

im sure I saw on a facebook comment from FD that they were not as well

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for that Tuna! I do bloody love a good Clashfinder.

Annoying if Hopkins and Goddard clash, so I hope that's not the case. Also I thought Flying Lotus and Aphex weren't clashing? Am I being dense?

No, you're not being dense (hence the massive disclaimer on the clashfinder!), there's just nothing publicly available to suggest how they wouldn't clash, so I just went off of those little poster things that have been posted in here mostly by dental. On their facebook page, FD said they weren't going to clash - but if the posters they've given us are running orders (which I don't think they are, now), then I dunno how the alignments are going to work. There's a lot of stuff to be changed of course but the idea was just to get the framework there so we can chop and change quickly. 

Edited by Tuna

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

No, you're not being dense (hence the massive disclaimer on the clashfinder!), there's just nothing publicly available to suggest how they wouldn't clash, so I just went off of those little poster things that have been posted in here mostly by dental. On their facebook page, FD said they weren't going to clash - but if the posters they've given us are running orders (which I don't think they are, now), then I dunno how the alignments are going to work. There's a lot of stuff to be changed of course but the idea was just to get the framework there so we can chop and change quickly. 

Yeah fair enough :) Wasn't trying to criticise, was just wondering if I'd missed something...

Clashfinder is way off, Field Day released new graphics today with what im assuming are running orders.

They also confirmed Aphex aint clashing with Fly Lo so i expect a Moderat clash with Fly Lo in that case.

Does make sense for them to have Jaar on before Aphex easier changeover in that case.

4 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Clashfinder is way off, Field Day released new graphics today with what im assuming are running orders.

They also confirmed Aphex aint clashing with Fly Lo so i expect a Moderat clash with Fly Lo in that case.

Does make sense for them to have Jaar on before Aphex easier changeover in that case.

Got a link? Happy to tinker - we know it's way off obvs.

4 minutes ago, SilverLining said:
heres the stages and on the same post confirmed the non-clash :)!

although they inadvertently confirmed the slowdive/RTJ/Aphex clash

That is precisely the running order on the clashfinder... as I mentioned. Those pictures are all available and are in this thread. If you've got a better way of organising 'em be my guest man.

Good work. Woulda hoped that Shacklewell Arms would shut early like previous Sundays but it doesn't seem possible with the extra acts and two of the bands being Thee Oh Sees and KGATLW going on for hours. The headline clash across all the stages is one of the roughest I've seen.

I think now I have seen recently or will see everyone somewhere else I can easily skip this year but they have put on a phenomenal spread to say they've crammed it into one day.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Good work. Woulda hoped that Shacklewell Arms would shut early like previous Sundays but it doesn't seem possible with the extra acts and two of the bands being Thee Oh Sees and KGATLW going on for hours. The headline clash across all the stages is one of the roughest I've seen.

Ta. It's entirely possible to shut early - Field Day can be pretty harsh in terms of slot lengths; 30-40 mins is pretty common. Only 2 on them have <45 mins atm. But yeah I'd be happy parked in front of any of those stages come 21:30.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think now I have seen recently or will see everyone somewhere else I can easily skip this year but they have put on a phenomenal spread to say they've crammed it into one day.

Aphex???