field day 2017

zahidf

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah Aphex was fucking incredible but the journey back was marred by all the horribleness. Hope everyone got home safe. We got held at Bank for ages and were told we couldn't leave the train or tube. Pretty scary.

Shit that sounds awful. Luckily I think my mates and I managed to get the last uninterrupted tube from Bethnal Green. Horrible news. 

Had a fantastic time though, possibly the best I've had in the 3years I've been going. Hope you all had a good one! 

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah Aphex was fucking incredible but the journey back was marred by all the horribleness. Hope everyone got home safe. We got held at Bank for ages and were told we couldn't leave the train or tube. Pretty scary.

7 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Shit that sounds awful. Luckily I think my mates and I managed to get the last uninterrupted tube from Bethnal Green. Horrible news. 

Had a fantastic time though, possibly the best I've had in the 3years I've been going. Hope you all had a good one! 

Sorry, meant to say couldn't leave the the tube or station above, not train... the scariest thing was how emphatic they were that no one was allowed to stand on the platform for their own safety. They kept saying armed police were coming to search the train but they didn't to my knowledge. Shook me up though. So sorry to hear all the details today.

But yeah we had a good Field Day. Can't believe how ace Aphex was and The Barn was quite something. Enjoyed all the other acts we saw too (Moderat, John Cooper Clarke, John Hopkins, Joe Goddard...) Only gripe would be lack of a pint of cider and sizeable toilet and food queues, although I managed to avoid the latter. Big shout out for Buddha Bowls (they need to come to Glasto).

got stuck on tube at Bethnal green for a while before getting off and walking, were not letting people into the tube as far as I could see, we were lucky to not be able to get on the first 4 tubes as we were due to get off at bank.

Festival was brilliant! Moderat were amazing

King Gizzard were different class, tent went crazy.

RTJ were brilliant as well! special mention the Methyl Ethel who pulled a big crowd and put on a great performance as well

Toilet, food and drink queues were non existent up the top end away from the barn. definitely the busy area

Would 100% go again