field day 2017

zahidf

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah it was usually the Sunday that interested me more. Ah well, it was one day up until 2014 or so wasn't it? 

I've been to Field Day about 5 or 6 times, but always the Sunday only since it became 2 days.

The last time that it was one day, the electronic/dancey stuff was at one end of the site (turn left as you enter) and the indie/folky stuff was at the other end (head straight on as you enter), which worked okay.

As posted above / on FB, we need a flavour of the rest of the line-up so we know whether the one day is going to be as per the former Saturday, Sunday or mix of both.

And while the Field Day line-ups have been increasingly excellent, we now have a new booker as Lucy has moved on to FR/Latitude, so another change there too. http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/new-music-booker-for-latitude-festival/

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

As its the same weekend as Primavera I think it might be the XX or Bon Iver

with it only being one day now i guess they could be upsizing in which case either of those two would be a great fit, but if not i'd say they're both too big (or at least bigger than any previous headliners they've had)

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Looking forward to more line-up tomorrow - actually earlier than I expected. I've yet to investigate Flying Lotus but this will give me incentive. Seems very popular with people whose taste I respect :D

Cosmogramma is the most nuts. Los Angeles is a good starting point for the more downtempo stuff.

@Zoo Music Girl; Crosspost from the Electronica/Dance thread about his WHP set: 

On 30/10/2016 at 0:38 PM, jonodillieono said:

We missed the first half hour so not sure what he played near the start. When we got there is was kind of like just tech house/techno but was sick, don't think there was many of his own stuff played until near the end when he played 2-3 of his own songs

No Open Eye Signal unless he played it in the first 30 minutes of his set

If you like Jon Hopkins on record you'll almost certainly like Nicolas Jaar. I'd also recommend Flamingods, they're really nice lads too. King Gizzard are a massive favourite on eFestivals at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

@Zoo Music Girl; Crosspost from the Electronica/Dance thread about his WHP set: 

If you like Jon Hopkins on record you'll almost certainly like Nicolas Jaar. I'd also recommend Flamingods, they're really nice lads too. King Gizzard are a massive favourite on eFestivals at the moment. 

Cool thanks for that! King Gizzard are one of the ones I'm familiar with, having seem them - and loved them - at Glastonbury in 2015. Will check out the others :)

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not a huge lot on there I'm familiar with, but that says more about me than the organisers! Looking forward to exploring some new stuff, hopefully with some recommendations from you good folk. 

Kevin Morby and Whitney both put out gorgeous albums this year - two of my favourites. And if you like those you'd like Julia Jacklin, who has a stunning voice.

I could go much further but then you'd be blaming me when all the other great acts are announced and the clashes build up. :P It's a superb announcement - if I can't harangue people into going to Primavera I need to do this one.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Kevin Morby and Whitney both put out gorgeous albums this year - two of my favourites. And if you like those you'd like Julia Jacklin, who has a stunning voice.

I could go much further but then you'd be blaming me when all the other great acts are announced and the clashes build up. :P It's a superb announcement - if I can't harangue people into going to Primavera I need to do this one.

Sounds very promising! Will make it my mission to investigate, although, yes, clashes are always a worry.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/161206c.shtml

Think this will go down well. Hope Slowdive and Aphex don't clash. 

I don't think they will, as Aphex seems to be the other headliner and Slowdive haven't been described as headlining. Hopefully this means they're lower down the bill (maybe sub) on the other, more rock oriented stage.

Edited by James96

5 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Can't see The XX doing it, most likely gonna headline the Other at Glastonbury and then headline either Latitude or Bestival. What do we think the chances of Run The Jewels are?

yeh that was a thought too. Run The Jewels seemed to go down very well in 2015, they got a big crowd. I'm half expecting someone bigger though to headline this year seeing as it's just one day.