field day 2017

zahidf

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Justice would be perfect to do Saturday and could combine it with Parklife/Wildlife and stuff. If they're not available maybe Phoenix? And unless there's a major indie band reunion on its way then Flaming Lips or Belle & Sebastian for Sunday?

Either way I really ought to get down to this next year. It's got such a strong line up every year - and always even more so in hindsight.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Justice would be perfect to do Saturday and could combine it with Parklife/Wildlife and stuff. If they're not available maybe Phoenix? And unless there's a major indie band reunion on its way then Flaming Lips or Belle & Sebastian for Sunday?

Either way I really ought to get down to this next year. It's got such a strong line up every year - and always even more so in hindsight.

Definitely thinking it's gonna be Justice on Saturday, not sure who could do Sunday but The Flaming Lips seems like a reasonable shout.

Also, I would definitely recommend this festival. Been going for 2 years on the trot now and it's great. Although I would suggest getting there as early as you can to see bands and get a decent spot at the front. If you leave it too late you'll be at the back and you tend to get a lot of talkers.

2 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Also, I would definitely recommend this festival. Been going for 2 years on the trot now and it's great. Although I would suggest getting there as early as you can to see bands and get a decent spot at the front. If you leave it too late you'll be at the back and you tend to get a lot of talkers.

I've also been the last two years and agree with everything you've said. Considering going again this year if the line up is to my liking and if I can afford it. They usually have a lot of acts playing other festivals though (especially Glastonbury).

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's good to alleviate clashes/test out a band you're on the fence about. It's not the festival for you if you want a good crowd that are going to actually enjoy the band. Most sets during the day are 30-40 minutes so are typically 1-2 album bands. Which is probably why it looks great in hindsight. 

This is definitely more true for Saturday than Sunday, actually - fewer stages and bands, longer sets, better crowds. For instance, the crowd for Ride was outstanding.

Outside Savages at Brixton Academy a lovely woman was handing out scratchcards with the main press photo for Syro printed on it

Once said scratchcard was scratched it revealed the date 3rd June, the Aphex Twin logo and the twitter handle for Field Day

I'm already seeing Depeche Mode that night so here's hoping he's at Glasto

On 23/11/2016 at 3:21 PM, MattDavies__ said:

I'm gonna go Justice and Fleet Foxes 

Fleet Foxes aren't very Field Day, I don't think. You'd be hard pushed to find a folk band on a line up, especially not big lames like Fox of Fleet Street.

On 23/11/2016 at 5:33 PM, Tuna said:

It's good to alleviate clashes/test out a band you're on the fence about. It's not the festival for you if you want a good crowd that are going to actually enjoy the band. Most sets during the day are 30-40 minutes so are typically 1-2 album bands. Which is probably why it looks great in hindsight. 

This is definitely more true for Saturday than Sunday, actually - fewer stages and bands, longer sets, better crowds. For instance, the crowd for Ride was outstanding.

Think the crowds are what make me apprehensive. Talkers proper bring me down. Will see though, especially now Richard D is in the building.

Just now, rawaudioinput said:

To my knowledge they were all the same

Ah boring.