Eminem

eFestivals

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ Eminem and Kasabian in the same year - the piss chuckers will be out in force if this come to pass

Have you ever seen a more likely Eminem/Major Lazer top two?

Not being funny but this guy that came on a while ago saying RB were subbing and there were other big names, he wouldn't be far off. I'd take a stab that he's going to do Lolla Chicago then head over similar to Mumford.

I actually thought that V Fest would be all over it chucking money at him. It's a guaranteed quick sell day either way but like in 2013, not a lot else interested me bar maybe a NME act.

Edited by thewayiam

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They should have thrown money at Kanye or Jay Z if they wanted a hip hop headliner. Someone who hasn't done it twice before to very mixed reviews. 

Talking of mixed reviews?.....isn't that what Kanye was?, didn't he fail to sell Wireless too?....a gig that Drake was booked two nights for.

I know you're a fan etc as I am of Eminem but at least I admit he's not when you see him in full motion necessarily what you want. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They should have thrown money at Kanye or Jay Z if they wanted a hip hop headliner. Someone who hasn't done it twice before to very mixed reviews. 

as shite as he is and as recently as he was last booked, people just seem to love him - him topping a festival is a bigger guaranteed sell out than either of those other two acts

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

as shite as he is and as recently as he was last booked, people just seem to love him - him topping a festival is a bigger guaranteed sell out than either of those other two acts

Spot on

There was a massive crowd for him at Leeds in 2013. He will sell out all of the day tickets for his day. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Talking of mixed reviews?.....isn't that what Kanye was?, didn't he fail to sell Wireless too?....a gig that Drake was booked two nights for.

I know you're a fan etc as I am of Eminem but at least I admit he's not when you see him in full motion necessarily what you want. 

Kanye played twice as Drake pulled out the week before. It sold fine, he wasn't great but there were plenty of people there.

26 minutes ago, MONTHEBIFF2013 said:

Eminem did have a huge crowd in 2013 but wasn't anywhere near as big as foo fighters the year before. 

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That remains the biggest crowd I've seen in all the years I've been going to Leeds. Arctic Monkeys in 2014 was damn close, though.

Eminem's crowd at Reading was a horrible experience, but granted there were a load of people packed into the field. If Reading 2013 wasn't my first festival and I hadn't been such a festival n00b I would have fought my way out to Lockup to see the end of Tomahawk. I can't see why Eminem would draw a noticeably smaller crowd next year, if he plays. 

I wasn't at Foos in 2012, so out of the headliners I've seen the only real competition in terms of crowd size were Metallica and RHCP. I left Green Day after an hour to see Skrillex, but I remember their crowd being pretty large. I walked straight to the front for Nero and stayed there for their full set, so I can only imagine how packed the field must have been for Arctic Monkeys. 

Edited by JSmurphy

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Kanye played twice as Drake pulled out the week before. It sold fine, he wasn't great but there were plenty of people there.

It sold that we'll they continued just with a London venue and canned the Birmingham one.

Strange, didn't another festival get canned after he played it as well?