Jump to content
dentalplan

Green Man Festival 2017

Recommended Posts

Announcing in parallel with Latitude will prove to be a great move for GM, methinks. Solid. Wish I had the funds and/or the holiday for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

much better announcement, but again 2/3 of the headliners do nothing for me at all

 

more likely will go to this than latitude though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same re: headiners but that wasn't gonna change. Dunno how it's all gonna fall on the stage splits but Thee Oh Sees against Adams or Islands and that more than makes up for it.

Probably a few more higher-ups still to land. Thursday headliner still to come apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Same re: headiners but that wasn't gonna change. Dunno how it's all gonna fall on the stage splits but Thee Oh Sees against Adams or Islands and that more than makes up for it.

Probably a few more higher-ups still to land. Thursday headliner still to come apparently.

exactly what I would hope for, will end up clashing with PJH and will be a disaster!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Thee Oh Sees against Adams or Islands and that more than makes up for it.

I personally hope not! Strong announcement though, reckon I will get a ticket.

Also Feist just announced a european festival for August. Wouldn't be surprised if she pops up as the Thursday headliner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pryce said:

exactly what I would hope for, will end up clashing with PJH and will be a disaster!

Yeah that'll probably happen if I pony up now so I'll have to wait and see first. I think the splits come May/June.

16 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I personally hope not! Strong announcement though, reckon I will get a ticket.

Also Feist just announced a european festival for August. Wouldn't be surprised if she pops up as the Thursday headliner. 

Yeah that's a good shout. Not a fan personally, would prefer her old band.

Spiritualized is popping up around mid-August so I was hoping for them but Feist fits a bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really really happy with this announcement. Especially The Shins. Easily one of my fave bands. Where do we reckon they will play? Sub or Thursday headline? Looking like THE fest of the summer for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Anna Meredith a new addition or was she already there? I forgot. Anyway some good bands there... and Kate Tempest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen second announcement. Looks very strong to me. Quite excited now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I know about Julian Cope is that as well as being a musician he is also a leading authority on standing stones in Britain, which is the exact kind of batshit I want at Green Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got myself a ticket this morning.  Usually go to Latitude, but Green Man have wiped the floor with their line-up so far. Will be my first visit.  Kate Tempest, This is the Kit, and Fionn Regan will be the just sees for me I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 6:28 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Uhhhh terrible news. Firstly the headliners do absolutely nothing for me; Peej and Ryan Adams are my idea of hell and I want to run away from them as fast as I can, and Future Islands... really? But all this together doesn't put me off, there's not a lot on the line-up that I'm into, but really I reckon just a few agreeable bands will see me through Green Man and I'd be happy to be there. I love a good Far Out or The Walled Garden headliner, and Chai Wallas is rarely not brilliant, I also want to watch something in the new sw*nky film tent. Green Man's amazing, a slightly pants line-up doesn't put me off (even if the headliners are fucking PJ Harvey, Ryan Adams and Future Islands). Enter my mate who is getting married this summer; he's trying to set the date for that weekend (not set in stone yet) and I'm the best fucking man.

September wedding. Lawn's going to Green Man!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discovered Jessica Pratt today, after hearing people mention her lots. Beautiful!

I was also thinking how This Is The Kit will probably headline the Walled Garden this time, so I hope she's on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like Jessica Pratt too. Discoveries for me have been Andy Shauf, Holly Macve, Nadia Reid and Benedict Benjamin. If This Is The Kit is on the Sunday I think that clashes with Ryan Adams so I'll be watching him. Saw her at Union Chapel last year and she was really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, artbrut_architecture said:

Really like Jessica Pratt too. Discoveries for me have been Andy Shauf, Holly Macve, Nadia Reid and Benedict Benjamin. If This Is The Kit is on the Sunday I think that clashes with Ryan Adams so I'll be watching him. Saw her at Union Chapel last year and she was really good.

I'll check those guys out too. Yes sorry, I meant Friday- I got mixed up who was headlining which day. Hoping Rozi Plain comes along again, she was my favourite set of GM 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2017 at 6:32 PM, Chawk said:

Hoping Rozi Plain comes along again, she was my favourite set of GM 2015.

Seen This Is The Kit a few times, most recently at Glasto last year.  Rozi's been in the band on each occasion.  Assuming she'll be along for the ride this year.  Maybe she'll fit in a solo gig too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2017 at 0:43 PM, artbrut_architecture said:

Think we're all secretly hoping for another option other than Future Islands for the Friday... Don't know much about Rozi Plain so will check her out.

Yeah, as @warriormonk has said her and This Is The Kit are friends and play in each other's bands all the time. I was stewarding behind the stage while all this was going on, although I didn't know who they were at the time.

 

On 20/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, warriormonk said:

Seen This Is The Kit a few times, most recently at Glasto last year.  Rozi's been in the band on each occasion.  Assuming she'll be along for the ride this year.  Maybe she'll fit in a solo gig too?

Hope so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×