Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Ryan Adams v oh Sees is a killer for me but i know i will do Ryan Adams and hope oh Sees tour later in the year.

Friday afternoon is the only time where I need help what to see. if anyone has ideas before the big moon at 530 I am all ears

Pete Brown for the preview of the weekend with free beer and Happyness are the highlights for me on Friday afternoon.

Unfortunately, will miss Warm Digits.

2 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Ryan Adams v oh Sees is a killer for me but i know i will do Ryan Adams and hope oh Sees tour later in the year.

Friday afternoon is the only time where I need help what to see. if anyone has ideas before the big moon at 530 I am all ears

Nathan Ball, WH Lung, Fionn Regan, Kikagaku Moyo, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Chris Forsyth and Gill Landry were all on my 'A' list, but its a bit of a clash fest.

12 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Friday has most of my favourites. Fionn Regan, Hurray for the Riff Raff will both be highlights.

Fuck YAS Nordic Giants don't clash with Lift To Experience! Or indeed anybody!

Tentative plan;

Thursday: Anna Meredith > Badbadnotgood
Friday: shift 7am-1pm > Kikagu Moyo > Nordic Giants > British Sea Power > Lift To Experience > end of Angel Olsen > Pumarosa
Saturday: shift 1pm-7pm > Allah Las > Prevenge in Cinemadrome > some of YTK > some of Thee Oh Sees > Melt Yourself Down > John Hopkins
Sunday: Deep Throat Choir > Wolf People > Michael Chapman > Julie Byrne > shift 7pm-1am

Nice weekend that!

Oh, can we talk about "The Plural Of Vinyl Is Vinyl"? The plural of vinyl isn't vinyl; vinyl doesn't have a plural, or a singular, it's a mass noun.

Not sure if I imagined it but aren't Ultimate Power supposed to be doing a set? There is a TBA slot on the Friday so this could be it. I saw this at Glasto on the Thursday and it was great fun after a few strange coloured vodkas. 

On 8/4/2017 at 4:07 PM, grumpyhack said:

I've not done Green Man before, though am a veteran of EFests meets and would be happy to have a get together at GM.  Not knowing the site I don't know where or when to suggest a meet place and time.  Any suggestions?

I've only been once before - so I can't remember which places would work best, but it's a fairly small site.  I'll try and log on here to see if any meet ups are being planned.  Also updated my profile with a link to my facebook page in case anyone fancies getting in touch there :)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Ryan Adams not even in the top 10 highlighted on clashfinder and is even polling worse than supposed alternative Thee Oh Sees.

Good though, hate that guy.

I don't have anyone I want to see in that slot. Gonna be weird to be wondering around during the headline acts.

How do you see the top ten, out of interest? 

Edited by PresentlyTense

15 minutes ago, PresentlyTense said:

I don't have anyone I want to see in that slot. Gonna be weird to be wondering around during the headline acts.

How do you see the top ten, out of interest? 

Do you mean how does one see it, or how does it look? I think only I get to see the highlight counts but the top 10 are as follows:

PJ Harvey (51.5%), Future Islands (48%), Angel Olsen (47.2%), British Sea Power (42.9%), Thee Oh Sees (42.6%), The Shins (40.5%), Ride (39.6%), Michael Kiwanuka (38.6%), This is the Kit (38.1%), BadBadNotGood (38.1%). Then some other notable ones are Ryan Adams (37.5%), Sleaford Mods (33.9%) and Kate Tempest (35.8%). Might transform a bit before the festival, like.

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Do you mean how does one see it, or how does it look? I think only I get to see the highlight counts but the top 10 are as follows:

PJ Harvey (51.5%), Future Islands (48%), Angel Olsen (47.2%), British Sea Power (42.9%), Thee Oh Sees (42.6%), The Shins (40.5%), Ride (39.6%), Michael Kiwanuka (38.6%), This is the Kit (38.1%), BadBadNotGood (38.1%). Then some other notable ones are Ryan Adams (37.5%), Sleaford Mods (33.9%) and Kate Tempest (35.8%). Might transform a bit before the festival, like.

Interesting! Only a couple of my must sees in there which I'm seeing as a good thing!

On my way down there now!

Amazing, the best yet I think.  

Highlights

Hurray For The Riff Raff with that Dancing in the Dark cover

Jessica Pratt playing Night Faces and Titles under Pressure, i love that debut album of hers so much, would've been better on Walled Garden but was great she was there at all.

Daniel Avery finishing with Knowing We'll Be Here...euphoric!

Gaelynn Lea- amazing, an inspiration! And a Neutral Milk Hotel cover!

Julian Cope- I went only knowing that he'd written a book on ancient monuments and so just wanted something weird...didn't disapoint, great personality and songs!

Bert Jansch film was great too, especially presented by 80s Billy Connoly

Missed Oh Sees...I forgot they were on somehow, but I met the guitarist from This Is The Kit, Neil, in the urinal queue after and he seemed pretty wired from it, saying how good they were.

Hope everyone gets out OK, my wheels span a bit at one point.

Edited by Chawk

First time at GReen Man for us. Firstly go and see Oh Sees, most dynamic thing you'll ever see; absolutely crazy, took me back to a few punk gigs in my youth, they can play!

Other new stand out bands for me were: War Haus; a great looking band who brilliant guitarist reminded me of Oh Sees a couple of times. Fat Suit; all brilliant musicians who got the whole of a packed Chai Wallahs going for it. 

Aldous Harding was spell binding and the Walled Garden was a perfect setting for her. Hope they never stick her on a massive stage. Really really felt for the stage announcer who bigged her up and then introduced her as Aldous Huxley; think I would have cried. 

PJ played just the set I was hoping for and I loved it how she blends into the band when she's blowing the sax. Also brilliant how they finished the set; very moody. Got away with an awful weather forecast too  

Will go back to Green Man for sure.