Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-26 at 6:36 AM, themuel said:

Is there anywhere that people are selling tickets at face value for Green Man? I'm going but friends decided late they want to join me! 

There were a couple on twickets day before yesterday (I think) at face value

36 minutes ago, artbrut_architecture said:

https:///s/gm2017/?user=0bc51c.sp&

This is how I see my weekend panning out. Don't think I've missed anyone too important but open to persuasion...

Nice. Although take Clashfinder with a pinch of salt.

Latest murmurs on Twitter say that Oh Sees and Ryan Adams will clash after all :(

5 hours ago, WoodyGooner said:

Looking for another ticket so the girlfriend can join. Does anyone know the best way of obtaining one, I saw a bunch go on twickets over a week ago, but it seems to have died down a bit. Or is it the case that more come available nearer the time. Thanks

That's the way twickets usually works mate. Have you set up an alert on there?

On 7/10/2017 at 1:11 PM, WoodyGooner said:

Looking for another ticket so the girlfriend can join. Does anyone know the best way of obtaining one, I saw a bunch go on twickets over a week ago, but it seems to have died down a bit. Or is it the case that more come available nearer the time. Thanks

Download the app 'DICE' and get yourself on the waiting list. It's also a good app anyway if you live in one of the cities it features, you can book and avoid booking fees + it's super easy to keep all gig tickets in one place.

Tickets have only been sent out in the last couple of days, so anyone advertising earlier on Twickets is at best bending the rules as they are supposed to have tickets in hand before advertising.

There should be plenty appearing over the next few weeks. Hold your nerve and you will get them ^_^

On 15 July 2017 at 11:59 PM, Suggestives said:

Tickets have only been sent out in the last couple of days, so anyone advertising earlier on Twickets is at best bending the rules as they are supposed to have tickets in hand before advertising.

There should be plenty appearing over the next few weeks. Hold your nerve and you will get them ^_^

Yeh, at first I thought is was people missing instalments and ticketline selling them back through twickets, but the randomness at which they are appearing suggests people selling before the tickets in hand. They go so quick, by the time I click my twickets notification alert email they are gone! The search continues...

6 minutes ago, WoodyGooner said:

Yeh, at first I thought is was people missing instalments and ticketline selling them back through twickets, but the randomness at which they are appearing suggests people selling before the tickets in hand. They go so quick, by the time I click my twickets notification alert email they are gone! The search continues...

I'm sure more will pop up soon :)

One month to go!

Green Man have just done a FB post about stewarding for people who don't have tickets. I've never stewarded any festival before, but I'm seriously considering this. It's potentially a way for me to go alone with a guarantee of meeting people there so no sad lonely festival. Stewarding at a lot of other festivals looks like a bit of a thankless task you do so you can get a free ticket, but I reckon I could have a pretty nice time at GM, it's such a lovely laid back place to be and all the stewards seem so genuinely cheerful. And I've probably never before really wanted to go to a festival where I'm not that bothered about any of the specific bands. Has anybody gone alone and done stewarding or litter picking before? Would you recommend it? Only downside is not being able to turn up Thursday and go home Sunday night so extra days off work. Although I am at the point atm where if I saw two tickets on sale somewhere I'd twist my brother's arm into coming, stick them on the credit card and let future me worry about it.

omg I've just seen Bas Jan and Nordic Giants are doing live sets in the cinema tent, I need to get to this fucking festival.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

On 7/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, themuel said:

Hey I'm a Greenman virgin, heading up for the first time this year and got myself a settlers pass.

Does much go on Monday to Wednesday? Or do people leave the site and go and do touristy things? 

Most people treat it as a camping holiday. Good atmosphere and great local walking and pubs. There is one beer and food tent (quite expensive as I recall). Weather is a factor - usually variable around this region at the best of times. 

On 18/07/2017 at 9:59 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Green Man have just done a FB post about stewarding for people who don't have tickets. I've never stewarded any festival before, but I'm seriously considering this. It's potentially a way for me to go alone with a guarantee of meeting people there so no sad lonely festival. Stewarding at a lot of other festivals looks like a bit of a thankless task you do so you can get a free ticket, but I reckon I could have a pretty nice time at GM, it's such a lovely laid back place to be and all the stewards seem so genuinely cheerful. And I've probably never before really wanted to go to a festival where I'm not that bothered about any of the specific bands. Has anybody gone alone and done stewarding or litter picking before? Would you recommend it? Only downside is not being able to turn up Thursday and go home Sunday night so extra days off work. Although I am at the point atm where if I saw two tickets on sale somewhere I'd twist my brother's arm into coming, stick them on the credit card and let future me worry about it.

omg I've just seen Bas Jan and Nordic Giants are doing live sets in the cinema tent, I need to get to this fucking festival.

Do it nerd.