Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

I've been listening to the Pumarosa album on repeat all weekend and the prospect of seeing them in the intimate WG setting is just too good to be true ... but there's a potential clash with my No.1 must see - Kate Tempest.

It's too cruel.

Edited by Suggestives

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of Green Man queries from a newbie...

--how easy is it to access the site (without a car) for the "settlers" package (ie before the shuttles start )?

-- is it easy to get to the start of local hiking trails on foot from the site campground? Don't know if the site is well served by ordinary public transport....

any thoughts appreciated!

9 hours ago, Chinakat said:

--how easy is it to access the site (without a car) for the "settlers" package (ie before the shuttles start )?

-- is it easy to get to the start of local hiking trails on foot from the site campground? Don't know if the site is well served by ordinary public transport....

I've been wondering the same thing. This will be my first time and I have a Settlers Pass. The local bus from Abergavenny seems to stop at Gilfaes Turn, which is about a mile away (but might be hard work carrying a lot of camping gear). I suppose the choice is the bus and a walk or a taxi from Crickhowell. Was also thinking of using the local buses for when I go walking at the beginning of the week. 

I was slightly underwhelmed by the first announcements. Apart from Thee Oh Sees & PJ, I didn't think there was much for me, but now I've had a chance to check out the others, I've unearthed 1 or 2 juicy nuggets from the likes of Jessica Pratt and The Shame. Not too worried, though - Chai Wallahs sounds pretty good.

How many more announcements do people reckon there will be, and when do they normally make them ?

I'd like to see Heron Oblivion and Orchestra Baobab, please. Some more Psych would be good - the dark & fuzzy sort, not the light & fluffy stuff like Allah Lahs & Grumbling Fur.

On 26/05/2017 at 10:21 AM, Chinakat said:

On 26/05/2017 at 8:08 PM, SteveFarsley said:

I've been wondering the same thing. This will be my first time and I have a Settlers Pass. The local bus from Abergavenny seems to stop at Gilfaes Turn, which is about a mile away (but might be hard work carrying a lot of camping gear). I suppose the choice is the bus and a walk or a taxi from Crickhowell. Was also thinking of using the local buses for when I go walking at the beginning of the week. 

Best to post on the Green Man Festival forum for these sort of questions:

http://forum.greenman.net/forums/general-discussion

You'll almost certainly get all the answers you need.

12 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

Best to post on the Green Man Festival forum for these sort of questions:

http://forum.greenman.net/forums/general-discussion

You'll almost certainly get all the answers you need.

I tried to register for the Green Man forum. They had those "Captcha" things which were quite difficult to read. I must have got them wrong as my registration is still pending approval more than a week later.

4 minutes ago, Chawk said:

aw that sucks Lawn, how come?

Too many of our group just couldn't justify the cost, selling out came as a surprise, so most just weren't ready to buy at short notice, so the plans just all fell apart.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Too many of our group just couldn't justify the cost, selling out came as a surprise, so most just weren't ready to buy at short notice, so the plans just all fell apart.

Ah ok, it came a bit quick didn't it? I am worried about the cost going up any more. I mean it's still cheaper than EOTR, but 189 all in is pushing it. Stewarding isn't something I'm prepared to do either now they've increased the shift times to 8 hours. There's usually tickets going on Scarlet Mist if you just need more time though.

2 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Ah ok, it came a bit quick didn't it? I am worried about the cost going up any more. I mean it's still cheaper than EOTR, but 189 all in is pushing it. Stewarding isn't something I'm prepared to do either now they've increased the shift times to 8 hours. There's usually tickets going on Scarlet Mist if you just need more time though.

It could be an option nearer the time if things change, and I think after Glastonbury is over, one or two of them might get anxious for another festival fix, so we'll see. But also one of my family members has just made plans to move abroad at the end of the year, so I might be putting the annual leave days towards going on holiday with my family instead.

Alright folks. Bit of shameless self promotion here,  but the latest episode of the podcast I do with a couple of friends has just been published and it's a Green Man special. Each month we pick 4 recent albums that none of us know, one classic album that's new to us, and then one of us introduces an artist we love.  And then we all chat shit about them. This episode has Anna Meredith, Timber Timbre, Julia Jacklin, and Badbadnotgood. The classic is Lift to Experience. And my friend tells us why he loves  PJ Harvey. Have a listen,  if you're at all interested.  Cheers: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/picky-bastards-playlist/picky-bastards/e/50368536

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, artbrut_architecture said:

@presentlytense - Apologies it took a while but I've listened to the podcast and found it interesting and good to listen too. Have to agree with the consensus that JJ is the best album reviewed. Is there another podcast due soon? 

Ah - cheers, mate. That's good to hear. Yeah, not sure if you figured it out but I was the one who enjoyed most of the albums, but JJ was a definite standout. Can't wait to see her. We're recording the next episode in July 2 so a couple of weeks away. Don't know if you're a fan of The National but I've picked them as my ' band I love ' for the upcoming episode, so will be introducing them in the way Nick introduced PJ Harvey in the last one. Thanks again for giving us a go.