Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so wondering on what everyone's opinions are on green man as a place for young people to party, iv been before but only as a child and so never went off on my own or out later on, i was in bed at 11 at the latest would say. So, I will be going this year with a mate (both 17) as my parents are taking me and we have space, and what im thinking, is we are both very in to music and not just after a sesh, we can defiantly enjoy sitting in the sun having a drink and a smoke and just listening to some good music, but....

we both defiantly are fans of more energetic gigs, well the last one we went to i threw my mate on stage, and got so hot from jumping around my shirt ended up following him on stage ahah. we are going to Leeds this year too, and are all dead excited for that. long story short, are we going to be disappointed by the night time atmosphere? i mean obvs gigs in student unions and smaller venues are always different, but in general. are there many people there of our age who'll be dancing about late at night?

19 hours ago, lewis 101 said:

so wondering on what everyone's opinions are on green man as a place for young people to party, iv been before but only as a child and so never went off on my own or out later on, i was in bed at 11 at the latest would say. So, I will be going this year with a mate (both 17) as my parents are taking me and we have space, and what im thinking, is we are both very in to music and not just after a sesh, we can defiantly enjoy sitting in the sun having a drink and a smoke and just listening to some good music, but....

we both defiantly are fans of more energetic gigs, well the last one we went to i threw my mate on stage, and got so hot from jumping around my shirt ended up following him on stage ahah. we are going to Leeds this year too, and are all dead excited for that. long story short, are we going to be disappointed by the night time atmosphere? i mean obvs gigs in student unions and smaller venues are always different, but in general. are there many people there of our age who'll be dancing about late at night?

I've never been to Green Man before either and I am big into nights out, electronic music, partying etc. It isn't that kind of festival, but there is some night life. Bands like Thee Oh Sees will definitely be energetic, but hopefully you'll be smart enough to read the atmosphere of the other performers as most of the acts are of a folky, acoustic nature. I'd recommend checking out the bands before the festival, but it's also a great festival for all ages; chilling with mates, enjoying the beautiful Brecon Beacons and finding great new music. 

You'll be going to Leeds the weekend after so you'll have two completely different but amazing festival experiences. 

1 hour ago, PresentlyTense said:

Can any Ryan Adams recommend any old albums I should start with? I kind of want to want to see him, but I'm 50/50 on Prisoner. Kind of like it but it all sounds a bit the same. 

Gold, Heartbreaker and Ashes and Fire are my favourites.

1 hour ago, PresentlyTense said:

Can any Ryan Adams recommend any old albums I should start with? I kind of want to want to see him, but I'm 50/50 on Prisoner. Kind of like it but it all sounds a bit the same. 

• So....... I would start with Heartbreaker which is his solo debut. Mainly acoustic, beautifully written songs! 100% give this a spin.
  • If you want something more mainstream/accessible try Gold which is his second album. Lots of good tunes.
  • If you fancy some thing a bit darker try Love is Hell (my personal fav).
  • If you like the 80s sounding bits of Prisoner then try self titled which came out a few years back and is probably a bit easier to get into than Prisoner. 

Let me know how you get on with those!

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Woah.....Lift To Experience are something special! Never heard of them until this thread. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Kate Tempest, Angel Olsen, Laura Gibson, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Fionn Regan, This is the Kit, PJ Harvey, Julia Macklin, Timber Timbre. To name just a few. 

On 5/18/2017 at 3:43 PM, timeforheroes said:

What clashes are people worried about? 

Not a typical problem but torn with Lift to Experience and Angel Olsen. She's great and I've seen her a few times. They're new to me but seems a perfect setting for them and could be a rare chance to catch them. 

This is the only one that sticks out for me too. Hopefully I can catch Angel at Glastonbury, never seen her before, I'm not sure who I'd prioritise if she clashes at Glastonbury. 

Really enjoying Pumarosa's album, this promises a good Friday night in The Walled Garden.

I've not bought my ticket yet, but I swear on my oath I will get it soon!