Robbie Williams

marko247

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, marko247 said:

I'm not a betting man but if I was I would bet everything on Robbie Williams on the Pyramid Stage next year : He watched Adele last year stage side and I can bet the deal was done with Michael Eavis since then - his UK tours ends towards the start of Glastonbury !!

You're brave putting this here. 

He's got a show on the Friday so he would be on either Saturday or Sunday. I certainly can see him playing and possibly bring Take That on for a few numbers. It would be far more acceptable to have Robbie's name on the bill. I think this will happen and id definitely go.

1 minute ago, marko247 said:

Lots of people want the gig. He says in that article that he doesn't think it's going to happen. Which tbh was a pretty easy guess without that article. When was the last time they made a booking like Robbie Williams as a headliner/sub?

Whilst there is a worryingly Glasto shaped gap in both their itineraries (albeit Williams is playing London on 23rd), I'd be surprised if it happens. And rather underwhelmed/disappointed, unless it meant ES wasn't headlining, in which case I couldn't give one as it's a head for head swap (in expectations only) of two acts I've no interest in watching.

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

When was the last time they made a booking like Robbie Williams as a headliner/sub?

2016 - Adele :P

in all honesty though, he could be the sort of absurd headline booking to go up against radiohead on the other, which would suit me just fine.

I can see the arguments and divorces now, how about we go and see robbie?

I'd rather eat my own shite thank you.

10 hours ago, marko247 said:

I'm not a betting man but if I was I would bet everything on Robbie Williams on the Pyramid Stage next year : He watched Adele last year stage side and I can bet the deal was done with Michael Eavis since then - his UK tours ends towards the start of Glastonbury !!

Think I just vommed a bit in my cereal

12 hours ago, marko247 said:

Wait, it's only been 21 years since last time hasn't it ? 

Surely that's too soon.

And he didn't even put the Kiss make up on, the lazy bastard.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think Take That have now milked their comeback dry (take note Roses). Plus they seem to shed another member every tour too.

Take That put on a brilliant show and it's always fun. But then I'm a fan, so a bit biased! I got annoyed at Robbie on their Progress tour though, he did 5 solo songs in a Take That show. Not what we'd gone for! I doubt he'd get the others on stage if he did play, but you never know. 

I might go and see him if he were to play Glastonbury (highly unlikely, I think though), but I won't be seeing him on tour because the day he plays my home town is the day I see TT :)

I'm also going to the Roses next year. Maybe I need to update my musical tastes! 

I'm not sure how I feel about this current trend that every week or two someone on here kicks off a thread about an artist appearing as a headliner who in most cases I'm at best indifferent about.

collins
knopfler
richard
williams

I await further names with baited breath.

Edited by clarkete