Madness

plaskins

I find the 'nutty boys' schtick a little tiresome from middle aged Madness now, along with the crowds of old men wearing fez hats in the audience. The Specials need to knock it off now as they descend into a band of session musicians. In fact, they are both heading into the territory of The Beat and The Selecter where they end up playing joint gigs in small town halls for overweight old skinheads. Its not a cool look.

53 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

I find the 'nutty boys' schtick a little tiresome from middle aged Madness now, along with the crowds of old men wearing fez hats in the audience. The Specials need to knock it off now as they descend into a band of session musicians. In fact, they are both heading into the territory of The Beat and The Selecter where they end up playing joint gigs in small town halls for overweight old skinheads. Its not a cool look.

Is the cultural revolution seeking your approval? 

On 11/12/2016 at 11:35 PM, themuel said:

I watched Madness and The Specials do a joint secret gig in a tent in Lost Vagueness - all joining on in each other's songs. So lumping them in together seems totally reasonable. 

When was this? Sounds amazing! Never heard of it before.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

When was this? Sounds amazing! Never heard of it before.

Ummmmmm I would guess about 2007 but aptly my ability to distinguish between years that far back is a bit lost and vague. 

It was bloody brilliant though 

edit - this vid suggests it was 2007 although no sign of the specials (only watched a few seconds of it) but I'm sure it happened! 

Edited by themuel

16 minutes ago, themuel said:

edit - this vid suggests it was 2007 although no sign of the specials (only watched a few seconds of it) but I'm sure it happened!

That video is from Madness playing in The Ballroom at Lost Vagueness - I was there and am certain that it was just Madness that night.

If a crossover happened, then 2009 would have been the only likely year as both bands were on the lineup.

36 minutes ago, themuel said:

Ummmmmm I would guess about 2007 but aptly my ability to distinguish between years that far back is a bit lost and vague. 

It was bloody brilliant though 

I was there - it was just Madness. The Specials didn't reform until 2008 (I know that cos I was there - Bestival).

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I was there - it was just Madness. The Specials didn't reform until 2008 (I know that cos I was there - Bestival).

Hmmmmm. Well there is every chance that the Brothers bar and friends caused me to hallucinate but I'm sure there's a scrap of truth in it somewhere. I will keep thinking! 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless the interwebs are wrong The Specials now seem to consist of spare parts of The Libertines and Ocean Colour Scene.

The Specials for these shows will consist of just Lynval & Terry.

edit: of the originals, I mean. There'll probably be others on stage with them. :P

Edited by eFestivals