Late Night/Early Morning Entertainment

Krisesk

From my previous festival experience, everything would wrap up around 3am until about 11am or so.

Does Glastonbury have a winding down point, or is it pretty much 24 hours a day? And if so, is it more than dance music/DJs? Hoping to just go wandering a few nights and find some interesting things.

Edited by Krisesk

I always have trouble finding many good late night places. There is a total abundance of drum & bass and techno. Does anyone know anywhere good that plays disco/funk and soul/hip hop or anywhere that plays actual tunes/songs like you'd find in normal clubs opposed to just having DJ sets heavy on the samples and minimalism. I know i sound a bit lame saying that but that's usually what me and my group of friends want when we're drunk late at night.

8 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I always have trouble finding many good late night places. There is a total abundance of drum & bass and techno. Does anyone know anywhere good that plays disco/funk and soul/hip hop or anywhere that plays actual tunes/songs like you'd find in normal clubs opposed to just having DJ sets heavy on the samples and minimalism. I know i sound a bit lame saying that but that's usually what me and my group of friends want when we're drunk late at night.

There was a thread on this very subject before the last festival, but as I didn't manage to get tickets I wasn't paying that much attention. :rolleyes:

However you can try the Deluxe Diner/Rocket Lounge as they like a bit of soul there (it's a favourite with Craig Charles). They also like a bit of old school rock n roll and ska, so it may be pot luck what's on at the time but whatever it is it won't be drum and bass or techno. 

15 minutes ago, musky said:

However you can try the Deluxe Diner/Rocket Lounge as they like a bit of soul there (it's a favourite with Craig Charles). They also like a bit of old school rock n roll and ska, so it may be pot luck what's on at the time but whatever it is it won't be drum and bass or techno. 

Yeah, I was in the Deluxe Diner a couple of years back at about 2am and the DJ was playing really great obscure American pop and R n B tunes. I wanted to ask him for a copy of his set list but I was a bit too drunk. 

18 hours ago, Slugworth said:

I would have thought there are lots of bars playing music other than DnB/Techno but only until 3am. After that you're left with DnB/Techno wonderland until 7am.

Wonderland is the perfect word choice, its so wondrous. I get extremely excited even thinking about it 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

During which Ben will let you stroke his beard of healing. X

This is entirely correct.

49 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wonderland is the perfect word choice, its so wondrous. I get extremely excited even thinking about it 

I genuinely get a physical (presumably endorphin-mediated) response, just thinking about it. Next year, I have decided to do night-time to the absolute max, even at the expense of one or two 1130h/1230h bands if necessary. It really is that good, @Krisesk!

:)

Ben

56 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm not sure I've ever been happier to be out in the rain, as I was at Seth Troxler b2b Martinez Brothers at LBHQStar64 in Shangri-La at about 4-5am Saturday morning this year.

:) *sighs*

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Pretty sure I fell asleep/took a nap in Block 9 around 5/6 am one year and then got up for some more raving before giving up, but there were plenty of people still going strong when my friends and I left as the sun came up.

Hoping there will be new additions to the site this year to accommodate how popular the SE corner is! In muddy years it tends to get a bit chocka as all the sitting/sleeping areas are no goes

23 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm not sure I've ever been happier to be out in the rain, as I was at Seth Troxler b2b Martinez Brothers at LBHQStar64 in Shangri-La at about 4-5am Saturday morning this year.

:) *sighs*

Ben

About 430 that way I stumbled out of London Underground after one of the best 90mims I've had a festival getting it down to Artwork, there's was a lingering rain around and Joy Orbison had just started on Genosys, and there was still thousands of people raving on as the mud became thicker and the sun began to rise, a truly magical memory 

29 minutes ago, nikkic said:

If there's one thing I do next year it'll be stay out raving in the Naughty Corner until sunrise. 

Just have to stay off the booze until a bit later that day to ensure I last all night! 

I don't touch anything before about 7/8 o'clock at night, this year I didn't drink at all after the Wednesday. It's not that difficult to make it right through if you pace yourself, if your peak comes around 3am, that's absolutely ideal 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Techno Wonderland is the name of an old happy hardcore track i used to shimmy too. Even though it has f' all to do with techno it seemed an appropriate response at the time.

15 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't touch anything before about 7/8 o'clock at night, this year I didn't drink at all after the Wednesday. It's not that difficult to make it right through if you pace yourself, if your peak comes around 3am, that's absolutely ideal 

Yep that's the key alright. Getting on it at 9am after three hours sleep is only going to end one way!! 

21 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This is entirely correct.

I genuinely get a physical (presumably endorphin-mediated) response, just thinking about it. Next year, I have decided to do night-time to the absolute max, even at the expense of one or two 1130h/1230h bands if necessary. It really is that good, @Krisesk!

:)

Ben

You mean the 11.30 cell in the s/sheet will be labelled 'sleep' - surely not :-) You're slacking Ben x