The XX

gmb1992

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They've definitely been releasing more pre sale ticks throughout the day, they've added a 5th night at Brixton

They seem very desperate to avoid The O2? Not sure that suggests a Pyramid slot is particularly likely? Although I suppose F+TM did a load of Ally Pally dates rather than the O2 last year.

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

They seem very desperate to avoid The O2? Not sure that suggests a Pyramid slot is particularly likely? Although I suppose F+TM did a load of Ally Pally dates rather than the O2 last year.

I would think maybe that due to a probable younger fan base they opt for this as people don't want to sit in the gods or at the back and extend it over 5 nights. Pyramid sub or Other headline either way.

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

They obviously know that The O2 is a big pile of steaming ass, having to play 100 dates in Brixton would be preferable to 1 there. 

Twat of a venue to to as well.

Luckily I managed to get tickets but, unsurprisingly, they're all over resale sites for inflated prices. Here's what I don't understand... When I purchased via the presale link, I was advised I'd receive the tickets in the post. So, with this in mind, how on earth are all the tickets on StubHub and Viagogo are etickets? I've either missed something or there's some serious skullduggery taking place.

Edited by StLewi

18 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Luckily I managed to get tickets but, unsurprisingly, they're all over resale sites for inflated prices. Here's what I don't understand... When I purchased via the presale link, I was advised I'd receive the tickets in the post. So, with this in mind, how on earth are all the tickets on StubHub and Viagogo are etickets? I've either missed something or there's some serious skullduggery taking place.

Oh, there's skullduggery alright.

OK, so they've 'sold out' 7 nights in Brixton. However, if they had a Glasto-style ID/registration system that stopped touting, how many nights do you think they'd sell? 

I still can't get my head around how/why bands can sit there and watch real fans get ripped off. Yes I know the government are starting to look into this now, but surely bands can say they'll only play if the venues and ticket agents agree to an ID system? Or is that too simple? But at the end of the day, if touting didn't exist, the bands wouldn't get half as much revenue. They'll probably make money of the resale of their tickets too. So is it down to pure greed they don't stop the touts?

Edited by StLewi

1 hour ago, StLewi said:

OK, so they've 'sold out' 7 nights in Brixton. However, if they had a Glasto-style ID/registration system that stopped touting, how many nights do you think they'd sell? 

I still can't get my head around how/why bands can sit there and watch real fans get ripped off. Yes I know the government are starting to look into this now, but surely bands can say they'll only play if the venues and ticket agents agree to an ID system? Or is that too simple? But at the end of the day, if touting didn't exist, the bands wouldn't get half as much revenue. They'll probably make money of the resale of their tickets too. So is it down to pure greed they don't stop the touts?

At Ben Howard's tour two years ago they said "if you don't bring ID matching the name on the ticket you won't get in" and they did at least try to enforce it, but it'd still have been very easy to circumnavigate. Requiring pre-registration of photos to be printed onto the tickets is the next step, obviously, but we're still probably years away from that being hassle-free and cheap enough to do for every single high-demand gig

In the meantime the government badly need to get their act together and make it illegal to systematically manipulate the system like in that documentary Tuna posted on the last page, before the bubble bursts and people don't even try to buy gig tickets any more.

Edited by Zac Quinn