The XX

gmb1992

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a purely selfish point of view I'd love them to be headlining Other against Radiohead. The Mrs is a bit meh about them but really isn't keen on Radiohead so I would get my way on that one.

Although as others have mentioned they've done that slot previously so probably isn't gonna happen ;)

31 minutes ago, big__phil said:

All those dates (and locations) are pretty gash for me, so here's hoping they do another date or two after festival season/play Glasto!

Completely hopeless for me, it'll be Glasto or bust. (But they'll definitely be there, so I'm not worried)

spent far too much on gig tickets as of late so doubt i'll be able to afford this one, but as said above, Glastonbury! although depending on where they each end up on the lineup, i anticipate at least one of The xx or Bon Iver are gonna be caught in a mega clash (me assuming one will sub Radiohead and the other headline Other on another night)

19 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Interesting that they're doing 2 Manc Apollo dates and not just 1 arena.

Not complaining though, suits me.

Does my head in when bands miss major UK cities to do 3 nights in fking London

Would be great if some of these bands would play cities like Birmingham, you know, the UK's second largest city.......

5 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Does my head in when bands miss major UK cities to do 3 nights in fking London

Would be great if some of these bands would play cities like Birmingham, you know, the UK's second largest city.......

Seen a few bands miss B'ham, bit odd. Scotland too. I get very lucky living in Manc when it comes to gigs.

1 hour ago, TheBurns said:

No Irish date unfortunately. Got myself a bonobo ticket yesterday though so at least I have that!

16 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

There's a 7 day gap between London and Cardiff, wouldn't be surprised if they added another 5 London dates.

there's probably be a Dublin date at the 3Arena on the 13th or more likely 15th.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Completely hopeless for me, it'll be Glasto or bust. (But they'll definitely be there, so I'm not worried)

Same, although the cash saved on individual tickets for this lot and Radiohead can go straight in the Glastonbury pot. 

Birmingham to Nottingham wouldn't be that bad if the train service between the West and East didn't end at 10:30!

Ive talked with a few smaller bands ...well 3 after gigs, they all say that Birmingham crowds are not like they were, always subdued and sell badly... ive noticed a difference over the last 5 or so year as well, crowds are very quiet compared to other places.