F**k You 2016

Quark

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Mark H said:

Sympathy from Wellington NZ for the losses people have experienced and expressed in this thread.

For a slightly different angle, I can contribute a magnatude 7.8 earthquake earlier this week immediately followed by two days of biblical flooding and no Glasto 2017 ticket to take my mind off the 93% likelihood of another severe earthquake in the next 30 days.

2016 can fuck right off. 

I just had a photo from 8 years ago appear on my fb feed sympathy to those in NZ that are struggling , and to those in Kaikora the next photo im expecting to pop up :(

Been reading about Jo Cox today. Out of all the famous or so people who have passed this year, it is her murder that is the hardest and most difficult to understand. All the other stars and hero's have pretty much lived their lives to the full and done things the rest of us can only dream of. They have also left  bodies of work that will never be matched.

Jo Cox never finished her work and never fully got to see out her life. The poor woman wanted to help the normal people like me and you. For her troubles she and her family have paid the biggest price.

Some good news though for 2016. My uncle who is in his late 60's was riddled with cancer earlier this year. He was lay in a hospital bed on his last legs and caught pneumonia on top of it. No one gave him a chance. Yet after a few scares and some pretty vigorous treatment, he has just been given the all clear. Even when all seems lost there is hope :-D

21 hours ago, eastynh said:

Been reading about Jo Cox today. Out of all the famous or so people who have passed this year, it is her murder that is the hardest and most difficult to understand. All the other stars and hero's have pretty much lived their lives to the full and done things the rest of us can only dream of. They have also left  bodies of work that will never be matched.

Jo Cox never finished her work and never fully got to see out her life. The poor woman wanted to help the normal people like me and you. For her troubles she and her family have paid the biggest price.

Some good news though for 2016. My uncle who is in his late 60's was riddled with cancer earlier this year. He was lay in a hospital bed on his last legs and caught pneumonia on top of it. No one gave him a chance. Yet after a few scares and some pretty vigorous treatment, he has just been given the all clear. Even when all seems lost there is hope :-D

Great news for your Uncle Easty. Father in law has lap been told that his chemo has worked (had to take his leg off to be certain!) so agree it's not all bad. Scans every 2 months for 5 years mind, but I'd buy that for a dollar.

The Jo Cox one is particularly saddening :(

Oh, much love to Hugh Jass and family, you are so great on here, sorry to hear how things have been.

Tough year for us with two close family funerals. I cried for 24 hours over Bowie and again when I (only) learned how wonderful Jo Cox was after her death. Trump, Farage, May all awful and worse waiting in the wings. At least my sadness has been replaced by the much more useful emotion, anger.

Its music that has lifted my spirit this year. Some wonderful gigs with Radiohead, Savages, Chip Taylor, Courteeners (yes, really) and this week we saw Pete Doherty at the Bataclan which was the most uplifting evening of the year.

Bring on 2017. I'm around to help those who don't have tickets yet.

Nothing to compare with some of the trials and tribulations others on here have been through but came in tonight to find the flat roof leaking. That'll be another bill and bloody headache to sort out then.

Still, stopping the rain from coming in is good prep for Glastonbury. Rain clouds and silver linings I guess.

Highlights so far this year...

Negatives

1. Brother in law had a successful quintuple heart by-pass op in June; he was very poorly but didn't know it.

2. Father-in-law died in July; shock.

3. Mother-in-law took a tumble and broke her hip in September (not drink related, tripped over her dog); you gotta laugh, however........

4. Mother-in-law just been diagnosed with breast cancer; CT scan, chemo and op beckons. No idea how this is going to play out.

So, this year has been a tad w*nk. I know it's all part of life but spread it out a bit ffs.

plus, all of these events have somewhat clouded my happy memories of Glastonbury this year; currently having a memory refresh watching Glastonbury 2016 YouTube footage over a large G & T.

I'll end on a positive;  my daughter graduated in Adult Nursing in September, a huge achievement considering the dark times we've been through as a family, but that's another story..... Bloody proud dad though.

Roll on 21st June 2017

14 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Highlights so far this year...

Negatives

1. Brother in law had a successful quintuple heart by-pass op in June; he was very poorly but didn't know it.

2. Father-in-law died in July; shock.

3. Mother-in-law took a tumble and broke her hip in September (not drink related, tripped over her dog); you gotta laugh, however........

4. Mother-in-law just been diagnosed with breast cancer; CT scan, chemo and op beckons. No idea how this is going to play out.

So, this year has been a tad w*nk. I know it's all part of life but spread it out a bit ffs.

plus, all of these events have somewhat clouded my happy memories of Glastonbury this year; currently having a memory refresh watching Glastonbury 2016 YouTube footage over a large G & T.

I'll end on a positive;  my daughter graduated in Adult Nursing in September, a huge achievement considering the dark times we've been through as a family, but that's another story..... Bloody proud dad though.

Roll on 21st June 2017

Sorry to hear all that oneeye. 

Hold onto that amazing positive. 

And leave all the negatives at the gate when you're at the farm next year. 

X

Edited by Woffy

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Hold onto that amazing positive. 

And leave all the negatives at the gate when you're at the farm next year. 

X

Always; any negatives don't make it to the car, let alone the gate :)

Cheers Woofy; just having a G & T induced off load moment, all cool.

I know it's been a crap year all round, but take light where you can.  I think it has been a good year for music and next year shows much promise.  One of my favourite records of the year ended on a really positive note, thought it was appropriate.

Biggest Negative from this year, 6 year relationship ended. Spent a year viewing houses, bank meetings, selling my flat, packing up my stuff for her to pull out 5 days before exchange...on a house that she picked and made me view straight after this years Glastonbury!

Who was left with all the fees to pull out also.

Biggest positive this year, dodging a bullet, and going to Glastonbury next year without being nagged at! (Wasn't her thing). No straighteners, nail parlours, stuck up prosecco bars, and heaven forbid using the toilets and getting dirty!

Perhaps eventually will find someone more suited to me and is happy to come along.

I feel very fortunate as we all know how much crap goes on in this f****ed up world every single day.

And we lost Bowie, my ultimate artist who I never got to see. RIP David, Alan Rickman, Jolly Jock and all the rest we lost this year.

We are all going to have an amazing 2017!

Edited by joeltg

10 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Biggest Negative from this year, 6 year relationship ended. Spent a year viewing houses, bank meetings, selling my flat, packing up my stuff for her to pull out 5 days before exchange...on a house that she picked and made me view straight after this years Glastonbury!

Who was left with all the fees to pull out also.

Biggest positive this year, dodging a bullet, and going to Glastonbury next year without being nagged at! (Wasn't her thing). No straighteners, nail parlours, stuck up prosecco bars, and heaven forbid using the toilets and getting dirty!

Perhaps eventually will find someone more suited to me and is happy to come along.

I feel very fortunate as we all know how much crap goes on in this f****ed up world every single day.

And we lost Bowie, my ultimate artist who I never got to see. RIP David.

We are all going to have an amazing 2017!

ouch....still much better for this to have happened 5 days before exchange than 5 days after...

she sounds like a nightmare anyway. You'll meet the girl of your dreams at next years festival, keep the faith!

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

ouch....still much better for this to have happened 5 days before exchange than 5 days after...

she sounds like a nightmare anyway. You'll meet the girl of your dreams at next years festival, keep the faith!

Cheers Russy. I didn't take it very well but things are getting much better. It would of happened down the line anyway, but did not see it coming whatsoever.

I even dropped off here for a few months, although it is the quiet period for these boards...no news etc.