F**k You 2016

Quark

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

There is an old Chinese proverb (or for Pratchett fans a Klatchian proverb) that is also sort of an insult, that goes: May you live in interesting times.  

Worse than an insult. It's a curse. Wrapped up to sound like a pleasantry.

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

2016 has been a turd.

Also, Lemmy dying last year and this year is way too much to take.

Beat me to it and well put.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Miesh said:

:-) I'm glad you were able to have that shared experience and that Beans played a part.  I saw him on the Saturday afternoon, he did "2016" and said it was the first time he'd performed it. 

Hehe, cheeky bugger, said the same thing Friday afternoon. :)

and now the man from U.N.C.L.E has died; this year had certainly been dog w*nk.

my father in law passed away in July,  mother in law fell over and broke her hip in september.

On the yang side, mu daughter graduated and is now flourishing as a nurse :)

Edited by oneeye

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Hehe, cheeky bugger, said the same thing Friday afternoon. :)

I almost added to my last post; That might not be true as he also said he wouldn't play "Can't get a gig at Glastonbury" again and he did.  Which annoyed me as at the time it was a significant moment.  Naughty Beans :)

On 12/11/2016 at 5:44 AM, oneeye said:

and now the man from U.N.C.L.E has died; this year had certainly been dog w*nk.

my father in law passed away in July,  mother in law fell over and broke her hip in september.

On the yang side, mu daughter graduated and is now flourishing as a nurse :)

I love a flourishing nurse

Congratulations 

Without wishing to bring down this thread any further in the last few months my wife has suffered a miscarriage, she then almost died from a complication during routine surgery to remove the miscarriage tissue (lost two litres of blood on the operating table, she's recovered now thankfully) and I found out last week that my mum has cancer.

Ah well, fuck it, life can only get better from here. 2017 will be much better.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Without wishing to bring down this thread any further in the last few months my wife has suffered a miscarriage, she then almost died from a complication during routine surgery to remove the miscarriage tissue (lost two litres of blood on the operating table, she's recovered now thankfully) and I found out last week that my mum has cancer.

Sounds like everything shit has happened at once for you and your family - it's hard to get your head round, I hope you're doing what you need to to get through it and 2017 is indeed better

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sorry to hear that Hugh.

Any one of those things is very hard to deal with,  but several in quick succession is awful indeed.  

Wishing you and Mrs Jass all the best x

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cheers, last few months haven't been fun, but that's life sometimes.

Onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through.  From this post it sounds like you are managing to stay strong and positive for your wife and mum. I admire you for that.   Remember to be kind to yourself too. All the best.

On 15/11/2016 at 2:59 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't been good for you to say the least. a poster mentioned up thread about being strong for your wife and I'm sure you've heard this a lot, it's undoubtedly well meaning advice but don't feel that as a partner you this that this is how you have to behave. Partners feeling and emotional well being in thes situations are often overlooked but you're feelings around this are still important and if you need help it isn't available. 

Here is a good resource To start with http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/support/feelings-after-pregnancy-loss/support-for-partners/

Sympathy from Wellington NZ for the losses people have experienced and expressed in this thread.

For a slightly different angle, I can contribute a magnatude 7.8 earthquake earlier this week immediately followed by two days of biblical flooding and no Glasto 2017 ticket to take my mind off the 93% likelihood of another severe earthquake in the next 30 days.

2016 can fuck right off.