F**k You 2016

Quark

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeesh Joel that sucks.  More Glastobooze for you next year :)

Without having to report back pretending I am not off my face. :)

One year I had a text saying "care to tell me what on earth your up to still out and about as I have just got to work".

I replied with a link to the full line up page, and reaffirmed I was at Glastonbury, not poxy reading.

2 hours ago, nodolphie said:

The Viola Beach inquest is today, live court report is here: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/viola-beach-inquest-updates-death-12284287

Yet another reason 2016 can do one.

Yeah, this is so desperately sad. No drink or drugs found in the driver either. I guess he just thought they could make it :( 

32 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just read that. I understand they must be in a lot of pain but some of  the families' questions seem a bit like they're reaching...

yeah I know what you mean. I guess it's just a way of dealing with the pain. It's such a senseless event, I suppose trying to find someone or something to blame is a way of coping, something to cling on to.

That fact there was no drink or drugs involved, the warning systems were all in order....the "why?" must be so agonising for them, and they will have it in their minds forever. It is baffling. He wasnt even speeding and was in complete control. Surely he didnt have his eyes off the road for 15+ seconds? I just cant understand it. The families will be feeling the same x 1000000000

Very sad.

Just out of curiosity Russy, given your love of all things Coldplay, what were your thoughts on the Viola Beach segment of their slot this year? Personally I thought it was a nice move (might have had some dust in my eye at the time) but given that you don't tend to sugar coat ANYTHING I'm just curious.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Very sad.

Just out of curiosity Russy, given your love of all things Coldplay, what were your thoughts on the Viola Beach segment of their slot this year? Personally I thought it was a nice move (might have had some dust in my eye at the time) but given that you don't tend to sugar coat ANYTHING I'm just curious.

Agreed Quark. Not the biggest coldplay fan but thought it was quite a moving tribute after seeing quite a few over the weekend.

I'm sure there was something in my eye at the time, mixed with being pissed, over-tired from cleaning up the Pyramid field (litter picked this year)  catching probably 12 hours sleep tops from the Monday, and knowing that we were a few hours away from it being all over for another year.

Emotional moment for me!

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

Very sad.

I've only seen it on youtube but I thought it was very poignant. I cant imagine a more perfectly judged tribute. Fair play to them for that. 

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So basically the inquest has added nothing as to the why? Not unexpected really. We'll probably never know. 

From reading the news article it's basically ruled out drink/drugs as a cause, which is the only solid thing to come out of it.

I guess the implication is essentially driver error?

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

I've only seen it on youtube but I thought it was very poignant. I cant imagine a more perfectly judged tribute. Fair play to them for that. 

Realised that it could have sounded like I was goading you into a comedy rant about Coldplay, glad you didn't read it that way!

Well judged is a good description.

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It could have fallen flat on it's arse, but it was perfectly judged as you say.  I myself have come to love that poppy number they played and often find myself singing it as I walk, you can thank Coldplay for that.

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You mean that wasn't you right at the front Russy, 6 of those flashing wristbands and a "I heart chris Martin" banner? :)