Open'er festival 2017

pete76

22 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

look at the picture!, strokes in the jam or whatever it is and paint behind it. i.e. paint strokes.

wow, that's fascinating. The Strokes wouldn't be bad, but I hope one of my predictions will come true. Guns n Roses are likely to be soon announced for Graspop Metal Meeting, but I think they're too big for Open'er (even despite Prince playing in 2011).

1 hour ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Radiohead and Foo Fighters as the first two headliners is a great start. Any predictions for the medium acts that will make it to the festival? 

It's quite hard as there aren't many festivals that have already announced some medium acts, but I think The Kills, Birdy, Bon Iver, are quite probable, maybe Prophets of Rage. Hopefully we will get Arcade Fire as a third headliner.

6 hours ago, gregory said:

I can't find any information about camping/travel etc. on their website..

EDIT: Found this; http://opener.pl/public/files/CAMPING AREA T&Cs 2016.pdf It looks like 5 nights camping, and you are not allowed to take alcohol in to the campsite.

Nor in the arena, I think? A polish thing.

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

I've read you can in the arena in certain areas, but not in front of the main stage for example (like Coachella). Sucks you cant take it in to the campsite though, though they do sell it in there. 

You can take your own beer in to the campsite but it must be from one particular brand - Żywiec (it includes beers like desperados, heineken and several others Polish beers). When it comes to some stronger booze, you need to make some effort to sneak it.

When it comes to the festival area there are some special spaces where you can drink beer, you can't take it in front of the stage - it's not something that Open'er made up, it is regulated by Polish law.

22 hours ago, mln said:

It's quite hard as there aren't many festivals that have already announced some medium acts, but I think The Kills, Birdy, Bon Iver, are quite probable, maybe Prophets of Rage. Hopefully we will get Arcade Fire as a third headliner.

just like @mln said, so far mainly headliners been announced all over Europe. what else can you expect at Open'er: Editors (playing Hurricane), The Kills & Warpaint (NOS Alive), Macklemore (RaR), Martin Garrix (Tinderbox), G-Eazy (Roskilde)

1 hour ago, pete76 said:

just like @mln said, so far mainly headliners been announced all over Europe. what else can you expect at Open'er: Editors (playing Hurricane), The Kills & Warpaint (NOS Alive), Macklemore (RaR), Martin Garrix (Tinderbox), G-Eazy (Roskilde)

I agree with almost all acts you mentioned, but I really doubt that Martin Garrix will play at Open'er, I think it's almost impossible, he doesn't fit here at all and there are some electronic festivals in Poland that he is much more probable to play at.

1 minute ago, Rouckos said:

If Red Hot Chili Peppers come, they will have the best line up of the year 

Hope Justice Strokes Blink 182 Gorillaz and XX too 

RHCP were this year's headliner and they are playing a stadium gig in Cracow in July next year.