Open'er festival 2017

pete76

10 minutes ago, gregory said:

They just added Benjamin Booker, The Shelters (who?) and some random local acts to the lineup. Lol. 

Quebonafide seems like a big local act tho. I went through this thread from the page 1, what the fuck is wrong with their promotion :lol: 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, muflon said:

No cash on site. You can obtain and charge the wristband with zloty in campsite or in the main area but last time there were huge lines so I advise against it. I had my card from Slovakia (past 3 years) and I payed with it everywhere. No lines. I don't have any conversion fee on my card, just the exchange rate is a little bit worse than the rate i Would get if I changed my money beforehand but nothing worth mentioning. Depends on your card. 

Looks like this is the way I'll go then :) Mastercard credit card with contactless. This could get lethal :o Thanks for your help.

I'm quite happy with Lorde. Great act to close the festival!
But there is still one bigger act missing for saturday. As there is no strategy in the booking observable this act can range between some random polish act and a huge international act ;)

16 hours ago, mln said:

I think that some of you asked about what happened to the open-er.eu website, unfortunately still nobody knows, but some people who frequently took part in discussions there created a facebook version of the open-er.eu site (Brotherhood of Open'er) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/395617917498547/ . 

Thank you!

On 27.5.2017 at 1:41 PM, Purpleyoda said:

HI again,
Would love some practical  info from locals or others who attended the festival before about traveling and payment at the festival site.

1. I will be staying in Sopot during the festival.

So i'm looking for the best travel options that covers traveling to and from Gdynia central station.
I wished there was some combined "all in one" Travel card like in London that combines all trains and buses, But can't seem to find one.

As I understand there is an "SKM Festival Ticket" good for 6 days, So it seems as the best option.
(https://bilety.skm.pkp.pl/en/opener).

The ticket covers both SKM and PKP Trains (?) But This ticket does not cover buses or Night buses , right?

As for now, If I check traveling times at night from Gdynia to Sopot I  see that the intervals at night are an hour or more between trains (see attached pic from https://jakdojade.pl ) , So If I want to travel back at, say,  01:30 I will face a very long wait.

Do they usually ran more trains on that line during festival days? (but just do not show it on the scheduled at this time)
Or using a Night  Bus is a better option? (buses and SKM's go out from the same station, where the festival shuttle bus drops off in Gdynia?)

I don't mind going buy night bus if it runs more frequently, but can't understand which line I need.
looking at this site - http://www.zkmgdynia.pl ,  the planner only gives train options when checking for buses at the late nights during the festival dates.

I also noticed they offer this combined ticket at http://www.zkmgdynia.pl:
"72  hour rail and municipal of all organizers - Applies he SKM and PR Trains * and he ZTM Gdańsk and ZKM Gdynia and MZK Wejherowo trams, trolleybuses and buses ( * - within stretches Which end at stations Babi Down, Cieplewo, Luzino and Reda Rekowo )"

Maybe this is a better option If I want to do some in-city traveling in sopot and gdynia while I'm there?
It covers SKM's , But I Can't understand if it covers night buses though 
:unsure:.

2. Night buses - Can you pay at the bus or need to buy from a ticket machine beforehand?

3. Paying at the festival site:

As I read last year's reviewes they had big problems with the mastercard bands.
This year I see they wrote that payment options are:
"payment cards, mobile phones with contactless technology or specially prepared payment bands using MaserCard® contactless technology."

Payment cards - Is a non-polish credit card qualify as one? 
Same goes to any non-polish phone payment option I guess..

These bands - where do you get them and can you charge them off-site as well? at the train station?  maybe through an on line option instead of standing in a line to a booth?

Thank you all in advance.

dgy-sopot.jpg

I have basically the same questions.
How long does it take by public transport to go to Sopot?
Are taxis available at the festival after the concerts? What about Uber?

10 hours ago, bintang said:

I have basically the same questions.
How long does it take by public transport to go to Sopot?
Are taxis available at the festival after the concerts? What about Uber?

It's hard to tell how long it takes to get there because it depends on the size of the crowd going your direction it's a big festilval there will be more than 100 thousand people for Radiohead so it will take some time to get off site. Firstly you will have to wait until you get on the bus from site to Gdynia and then you can go by SKM or find taxi to Sopot. I think there is Uber available but just few cars it's a small city.

1 hour ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

It has come to this. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I wouldn't be able to make it to the festival. 

Any idea how I can sell my ticket? Bought it at early bird price. I'm based in Malaysia. 

I have the same exact question. I have a spare ticket and does anyone know the best place where to sell it? maybe there's someone here who'd like to buy a 4day ticket + camping?

btw, do you guys know when there are going to be new artists announced? At the moment there are only around 15 artists per day which is quite a small number for such a festival and besides all the previous years there were around 25 artists every day. So I hope that there should be more artists coming?

Edited by beerbeardbear

54 minutes ago, beerbeardbear said:

btw, do you guys know when there are going to be new artists announced? At the moment there are only around 15 artists per day which is quite a small number for such a festival and besides all the previous years there were around 25 artists every day. So I hope that there should be more artists coming?

Yeap tomorrow they announce the rest + timetable