Open'er festival 2017

pete76

21 minutes ago, Purpleyoda said:

Thank you for that.

First time at this festival.

Are there a lot of clashes between the main and tent stages times, Or do they run them "off sync" so people have a better chance on seeing both\most acts as there are really not that many, if you compare to Reading\Leeds etc.

I wish they would move kiwanuka to the main stage. He deserves better than a mid day spot at the smaller stage.

Here's last years for you to get an idea https:///s/op2016/ 

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

Where did you get this from? It seems that there is a total mess in Alter Art since they announce the artist on the poster in some Polish city but there is no information on their website, it was always the other way round.

2 hours ago, 40028524 said:

Anyone know what the story is with bringing alcohol into the campsite? When I went in 2011 you were allowed to bring in cans of Heineken as they were the sponsor, is this still the case or are you allowed any drink in ?

Since I've been going to Open'er (2011) each year it was possible to bring in all beers (in cans) from the Żywiec group (desperados, heineken, warka, żywiec).

HI again,
Would love some practical  info from locals or others who attended the festival before about traveling and payment at the festival site.

1. I will be staying in Sopot during the festival.

So i'm looking for the best travel options that covers traveling to and from Gdynia central station.
I wished there was some combined "all in one" Travel card like in London that combines all trains and buses, But can't seem to find one.

As I understand there is an "SKM Festival Ticket" good for 6 days, So it seems as the best option.
(https://bilety.skm.pkp.pl/en/opener).

The ticket covers both SKM and PKP Trains (?) But This ticket does not cover buses or Night buses , right?

As for now, If I check traveling times at night from Gdynia to Sopot I  see that the intervals at night are an hour or more between trains (see attached pic from https://jakdojade.pl ) , So If I want to travel back at, say,  01:30 I will face a very long wait.

Do they usually ran more trains on that line during festival days? (but just do not show it on the scheduled at this time)
Or using a Night  Bus is a better option? (buses and SKM's go out from the same station, where the festival shuttle bus drops off in Gdynia?)

I don't mind going buy night bus if it runs more frequently, but can't understand which line I need.
looking at this site - http://www.zkmgdynia.pl ,  the planner only gives train options when checking for buses at the late nights during the festival dates.

I also noticed they offer this combined ticket at http://www.zkmgdynia.pl:
"72  hour rail and municipal of all organizers - Applies he SKM and PR Trains * and he ZTM Gdańsk and ZKM Gdynia and MZK Wejherowo trams, trolleybuses and buses ( * - within stretches Which end at stations Babi Down, Cieplewo, Luzino and Reda Rekowo )"

Maybe this is a better option If I want to do some in-city traveling in sopot and gdynia while I'm there?
It covers SKM's , But I Can't understand if it covers night buses though 
:unsure:.

2. Night buses - Can you pay at the bus or need to buy from a ticket machine beforehand?

3. Paying at the festival site:

As I read last year's reviewes they had big problems with the mastercard bands.
This year I see they wrote that payment options are:
"payment cards, mobile phones with contactless technology or specially prepared payment bands using MaserCard® contactless technology."

Payment cards - Is a non-polish credit card qualify as one? 
Same goes to any non-polish phone payment option I guess..

These bands - where do you get them and can you charge them off-site as well? at the train station?  maybe through an on line option instead of standing in a line to a booth?

Thank you all in advance.

dgy-sopot.jpg

On 27. 5. 2017 at 1:41 PM, Purpleyoda said:

HI again,
Would love some practical  info from locals or others who attended the festival before about traveling and payment at the festival site. ......

SKM ticket is the best option for you. It´s valid for trains only but they run often. There are free buses runing between the festival and main station (20-30min). They are very crowded in the night so you have to wait for them and it takes a lot of walking  1 - 1,5 km from the stage area to the bus stop (depends if you are in the tent or the main stage). It´s pointless to check the precise times of departure because when you get to the station depends on the amount of people going your direction. Bus station and train station are next to each other. I don´t think there are more trains during the festival there is enough place for everyone.

I´ve never used the buses so I can´t help you with them.

If you have mastercard credit/debit card you can use it for paying everywhere at the festival it doesn´t have to be polish. Bands you can purchase at the festival or tent area where you can charge them with cash. I don´t think you can obtain or charge them in Gdynia.

I would advice you to stay in the tent area or Gdynia not the Sopot area because it will take a lot of traveling to get back and forth. 

Really excellent set of headliners this year, I'm buzzing for all of them.

Say what you like about the undercard but I'm excited for James Blake, Royal Blood, Rae Sremmurd, Solange, Jimmy Eat World, Mac Miller, Prophets of Rage, Warpaint, Nicolas Jaar, Moderat,  Kiasmos, Trentemellor, MIA. There's at least a handful of acts I'd see each day!

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

Really excellent set of headliners this year, I'm buzzing for all of them.

Say what you like about the undercard but I'm excited for James Blake, Royal Blood, Rae Sremmurd, Solange, Jimmy Eat World, Mac Miller, Prophets of Rage, Warpaint, Nicolas Jaar, Moderat,  Kiasmos, Trentemellor, MIA. There's at least a handful of acts I'd see each day!

Agreed, but I think Open'er's strategy has made it anti-climactic at times. I'm excited either way!

It's strange that M.I.A and Trentemoller aren't mentioned in the clip but Lorde is. What's even more strange (and sad) is how Saturady looks like, the 4th name for that day is Taco Hemingway - a polish rapper with 3-year carrer.

Sorry, now I can see that M.I.A is there

Edited by mln

1 hour ago, Lateralus said:

What's the best way to pay for things at the festival? Think I read somewhere Open'er operates a cashless wristband system but the system went down last year and it was chaos...

MasterCard credit/debit card with contactless payments activated is the best way. 

1 hour ago, muflon said:

MasterCard credit/debit card with contactless payments activated is the best way. 

So no cash at all on site? That does save me changing £ into zloty. But surely you'll be charged a conversion fee every time you use it? Or am I getting it wrong?

11 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

So no cash at all on site? That does save me changing £ into zloty. But surely you'll be charged a conversion fee every time you use it? Or am I getting it wrong?

No cash on site. You can obtain and charge the wristband with zloty in campsite or in the main area but last time there were huge lines so I advise against it. I had my card from Slovakia (past 3 years) and I payed with it everywhere. No lines. I don't have any conversion fee on my card, just the exchange rate is a little bit worse than the rate i Would get if I changed my money beforehand but nothing worth mentioning. Depends on your card.