Open'er festival 2017

pete76

9 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

is there any reason why they couldn't announce all of these in one day? 

I guess they are more meaningful to Polish festigoes, having said that, most these acts have 5000 like on FB, if that's any indication of their size...

& At this rate, by the end of the week there'll be more Polish acts announced than international...

35 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

So I assume we've all seen the Glasto line up. Could any of those acts be up there with the xx? I can see The National and Biffy potentially. Or has that ship passed?

The only one "new" band on Glasto lineup is The National, but i cant see them in Poland. Both The Avalanches and Haim cancelled their gigs last august, so I expect them to play in Poland this year, time will tell, when and where. As far as Biffy is concerned, there's a possibility.

Edited by pete76

55 minutes ago, mln said:

17555465_1355426164480744_2137249069_n.j

1 - no european dates for Jack White so far

2 - last time he played Open'er he was headlining, this year all headliners spots already been taken

3 - April Fools Day

The final lineup for Roskilde has been announced, sharing 3/4 of Open'er headliners. Hopefully we can share some of the mid-card acts too. I'd love to see ATCQ, Jesus and Mary Chain, Erasure and Father John Misty. Either way, I hope it's a sign that something is coming soon...

IMG_4557.JPG

On 30/03/2017 at 9:01 PM, pete76 said:

1 - no european dates for Jack White so far

2 - last time he played Open'er he was headlining, this year all headliners spots already been taken

3 - April Fools Day

This is all true. Jack White has just released a surprise single however...

4 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

This is all true. Jack White has just released a surprise single however...

...which is, unfortunately, only connected with the promotion of the new product of his company – Warstic.

Edited by mln

It's all getting a bit boring, isn't it? Anyone got any predictions? I've got a feeling Pond might be there. Their tour dates line up with them being in Holland four days before, and Tame Impala playing it last year. Would be a good booking on The xx day for me. Also just realised Alt-J are pretty much ruled out with them booked elsewhere on the 28th, 30th and 1st. 

2 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

It's all getting a bit boring, isn't it? Anyone got any predictions? I've got a feeling Pond might be there. Their tour dates line up with them being in Holland four days before, and Tame Impala playing it last year. Would be a good booking on The xx day for me. Also just realised Alt-J are pretty much ruled out with them booked elsewhere on the 28th, 30th and 1st. 

Alt-J are headlining Krakow Live Festival in August so they are definitely ruled out (so are Lana Del Rey and Ellie Goulding).

Think you might be confused about Pond @LiamMcMillen, as far as I can tell their tour ends June 21st in Bristol. 

I'd like Soulwax, Whitney, Future Islands, Agnes Obel (all at RW) Father John Misty, ATCQ, Hamilton Leithauser (at Roskilde), Aanderson .Paak and the Free Nationals, Biffy Clyro, Metronomy, Sampha, Wild Beasts, Lemon Twigs (at Glastonbury). Think they're mostly at least feasible...

Edited by gregory