This morning...

The Red Telephone

4 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Mentioned it in all the mud slinging I don't know...is it in his policies? Yes I looked at both this morning to try and understand wtf America had done. Think everyone agrees on here he is the wrong choice..just disagree with labelling his supporters as all stupid. 

The things that Trump has said, out loud, in public, repeatedly that are demonstrably stupid  forces me to concur that the people who voted for him are stupid too, It is not such a huge leap is it?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the intelligent ones amongst us do nothing to help the thickos apart from pour scorn, is it any wonder  they vote for the person offering change?

It is the so called intelligent ones who need to take a long hard look at themselves. They have taken everything for granted and paid no attention to thise in a less fortunate position to themselves. The ironic thing is that these so called intelligent one still can't see it. Millions of people have become totally disenfranchised. Yet because any issues with the thickos have not affected them, they have not given a shit. If any person has spoke up about their concerns then they have been shouted down with accusations of being racist, bigoted or thick. So people took their lack of satisfaction to the polling station where there voice has been well and truely heard. Yet instead of the intelligent ones taking this on board, all they have done is look at how the Brexit vote would affect them. They can't believe their cosy little life may have been disrupted by the thickos and how dare they do this. Fuck democracy when it works against us hey?

Now as with any system, it is only as strong as its weakest link. You ignore the weak link and do nothing to strengthen it, then ultimately it will fail. When it does fail, don't sit there and blame everyone else, ask yourself whether you ignored the weak link or did you do anything to strenghten it. If you did nothing then you are thick ones.

Edited by eastynh

9 minutes ago, bamber said:

I'm sorry but it is exactly that.

Unfortunately it is not an exact science. Your logic can differ to mine based on so many different factors. The variables on it could be almost endless and that is why your argument is just an opinion. Income, childhood, father figures, mother figures, everything.

You perceive something in one way. I perceive it another. We both have a logical answer to it, but they could be different or similar. That's not to say that the majority of people perceive something in the same way, for example most people logically say that Pablo Honey is the worst Radiohead album, but others might love it and do so logically, because it is what they perceive. So, science? In the loosest possible terms.

The fact you are so quick to demonise people as dumb, racist, sexist, stupid just shows that you are only projecting your opinion on to others and if they don't mirror it, then you attack and label them. Is that a the tolerant society you would like to create? Because that's certainly not what a tolerant society should be.

Also, you dodged the question that if they're so stupid, how come in your infinite wisdom and intelligence couldn't convince them?

Its not as simple as blaming it on stupidity. Thats actually stupid and the polls proved that. Obviously intelligent people were too ashamed to say they were voting for Trump but lied and thats why the polls were skewed in Hillarys favour. 

The world is fucked up, ISIS, unemployment, homelessness and a myriad of other things have the regular joe and everyone else scared. We have seen the same two parties flip flop for years and no change. Could anyone actually tell the difference between the Millibands and Cameron. The status quo has let people down time and time again. The left haven't offered a strong alternative. 

So people have decided right or wrong to vote for change. Big change. Politicians still werent listening. Well tell you what, everyone has bucked right the fuck up and are listening now. After the horses have bolted granted but what happens next, no one knows. Am I freaked the fuck out. You bet I am. 

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

When the intelligent ones amongst us do nothing to help the thickos apart from pour scorn, is it any wonder  they vote for the person offering change?

It is the so called intelligent ones who need to take a long hard look at themselves. They have taken everything for granted and paid no attention to them in a less fortunate position to themselves. The ironic thing is that these so called intelligent one still can't see it. Millions of people have become totally disenfranchised. Yet because any issues with the thickos have not affected them, they have not given a shit. If any person has spoke up about their concerns then they have been shouted down with accusations of being racist, bigoted or thick. So people took their lack of satisfaction to the polling station where there voice has been well and truely heard. Yet instead of the intelligent ones taking this on board, all they have done is look at how the Brexit vote would affect them. They can't believe their cosy little life may have been disrupted by the thickos and how dare they do this. Fuck democracy when it works against us hey?

Now as with any system, it is only as strong as its weakest link. You ignore rhat weak link and do nothing to strengthen it that ultimately it will fail. When it does fail, don't sit there and blame everyone else, ask yourself whether you ignored the weak link or did you do anything to strenghten it. If you did nothing then you are thick ones.

That is a well argued intelligent view. I'm guessing if you were franchised you would not have voted for Trump?

Democracy always was the least worst way of choosing governors. I never pour scorn on anyone. Lack of education is a political issue not a personal opinion on those who have been let down by our education systems.

Edited by bamber

16 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I don't necessarily disagree that some people voted for Hillary because she was a woman - and that was hardly an educated reason either. Though chances are a lot of the people that had those thoughts also had double reason to vote against Trump - and voting against Trump because of his attitude towards women is a legitimate reason to vote for the other candidate.

But the idea that someone isn't a feminist just because they stick with their partner who's cheated is just nonsense. I wouldn't like to say if Hillary is actually a feminist or not, but just that absolutely doesn't disqualify her from being one. What do we call men who stick with lying cheating partners? 

Do you think she would have allowed herself to be so publicly humiliated if she didn't see him important to her own political gain? Not making judgement on anyone who cheats or sticks with their partner who has cheated - just most people are not standing up as a role model or asking to be seen strong enough to lead a country. Agree perhaps feminism wasn't relevant there.

13 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Obviously intelligent people were too ashamed to say they were voting for Trump but lied and thats why the polls were skewed in Hillarys favour.

Is keeping the fact that you are going to vote for a thicko, bigoted, racist, sexist twat secret classed as intelligent behavior now then? 

2 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Do you think she would have allowed herself to be so publicly humiliated if she didn't see him important to her own political gain? Not making judgement on anyone who cheats or sticks with their partner who has cheated - just most people are not standing up as a role model or asking to be seen strong enough to lead a country. Agree perhaps feminism wasn't relevant there.

I've seen plenty of people stick with lying, cheating partners - I'm guessing you probably have too - nothing to do with political gain there. Of course it was public - such is the nature of being the President and First Lady. But I wouldn't try and second guess their capabilities in their professional careers based on what they do in their personal lives. I'm wary of the fact I'm a man saying this to a woman, but I would tell anyone to be careful of falling into the trap of doing this - this is far more commonly a tactic used against women than against men. 

2 minutes ago, bamber said:

Is keeping the fact that you are going to vote for a thicko, bigoted, racist, sexist twat secret classed as intelligent behavior now then? 

I take your point bamber but why then were the polls so fucked up then? People were obviously lying about who they were voting for. Obviously there was nothing intelligent about voting for that odious misogynistic bigoted and a hole heap of other adjectives Ooompa Loompa twatweasel. I'm running out of steam cos I have been ranting since about 8am but we seriously can't think that all the electorate are thick? There have to be other objectives.  

1 minute ago, Quark said:

First images of Britain's Foreign Secretary meeting with the President of the United States.

download.jpg

Indeed, Ren and Stimpy made  a lot sense in a peculiar sort of way. Compared to current affairs anyway.

Just now, H.M.V said:

I take your point bamber but why then were the polls so fucked up then? 

The polls weren't is the simple answer, really.  For most of the campaign HRC has a steady lead, with merely a day or 2 here or there that Trump showed as being ahead, but in the 10 days before the election that gap closed to zero.  Factor in an electoral college system and hey presto, it's a system where one party can have almost exactly the same number of votes but win by a number of states.

40 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

And I had to google that Occam's Razor 

I guess you're not a fan of Shrelock Holmes then?  :-) That is where I'd heard of it from.

Regarding the "time to get a doctors appointment" I think this maybe demonstrating the postcode lottery.   Is it easier to get an appointment in larger towns and cities? We're lucky in Norwich but my home town 70 miles away is totally different.

What an awful day.  Nothing further to add, many of you have put it better than I could.  

11 minutes ago, bamber said:

That is a well argued intelligent view. I'm guessing if you were franchised you would not have voted for Trump?

Democracy always was the least worst way of choosing governors. I never pour scorn on anyone. Lack of education is a political issue not a personal opinion on those who have been let down by our education systems.

To be fair Bamber all I have seen in regards to the US election is sensationalist headlines. If I am to take them at face value then all I can say is that I would not give Donald Trump the time of day. I have no idea what the policy proposals were for the two candidates, so I have no idea how I would have voted. One thing is certain, I would not got for a pint with Trump and it takes a lot for me to say no to a pint.

Education may give you qualifications, it may also enable you to do complex 2nd order,  polynomial,  differential equations. What it does not give you is common sense.  Some of the most intelligent people I know do not have a qualification between them, while there are people in work with PHD's in semiconductor physics who are lost outside the confines of work.

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

The polls weren't is the simple answer, really.  For most of the campaign HRC has a steady lead, with merely a day or 2 here or there that Trump showed as being ahead, but in the 10 days before the election that gap closed to zero.  Factor in an electoral college system and hey presto, it's a system where one party can have almost exactly the same number of votes but win by a number of states.

Not sure its entirely relevant but was in New York just days ago and the media was just so fucking Trump heavy it was ridiculous. Throw in the FBI reopening the email investigation debacle. I mean that had to have some bearing on states where Hillary had a two digit lead just a week before. Its a fucked up system and I can't say I understand it. Not one little bit. I'm still in shock truth be told. 

I did speak to a Clinton campaigner whilst in New York and he basically said that Americans are stupid but even more so they are more misogynistic than racist and they are pretty fucking racist and they will never vote for a woman. He was right. He was also from London. 

The "doctors appointment" thing isn't mainly down to immigrants. If you have 35 people waiting to see a doctor, only two or three extra people in that waiting room on average will be immigrants. Indeed, most of the places where UKIP and Brexit were most popular were places where there were far less immigrants than the national average. Just a fear of the other, a dislike of something different, a sense that something belongs to your sort and no one else.

The reason there's such a wait for the GP is because we have an ageing population, because there's an ever decreasing spend on healthcare - particularly primary care. Because we are thousands of GPs short. However just like with everything else, it was yet another lie spouted by those to advance their own agenda. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

I take your point bamber but why then were the polls so fucked up then? People were obviously lying about who they were voting for. Obviously there was nothing intelligent about voting for that odious misogynistic bigoted and a hole heap of other adjectives Ooompa Loompa twatweasel. I'm running out of steam cos I have been ranting since about 8am but we seriously can't think that all the electorate are thick? There have to be other objectives.  

The Polls were indeed skewed because people lied about their voting intentions. Again,regarding voting intentions, it is not the behavior of well educated intelligent people to be liars is it?

*Lied has an "ie" and lying has a "y" liar has an "a" the whole notion seems multiplicitous*

3 minutes ago, bamber said:

The Polls were indeed skewed because people lied about their voting intentions. Again,regarding voting intentions, it is not the behavior of well educated intelligent people to be liars is it?

*Lied has an "ie" and lying has a "y" liar has an "a" the whole notion seems multiplicitous*

Is this sarcasm?