This morning...

The Red Telephone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Meh. I've just accepted that we now live in world where the majority opinion is to be frightened, angry, selfish, inward-looking, nationalistic, judgmental and indifferent to others.

It just makes me sad.

I think I need to accept this too. My idealistic views just aren't cutting it :(

The rest of the world seems to be turning into a right wing, immigrant/gay/women hating shithole so I guess we have to take solace in something, was up last night watching it all come in, getting angrier and angrier.......thank-god im off to a gig tonight(skindred and raging speedhorn) and able to get some rage out in the pit! 

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

The rest of the world seems to be turning into a right wing, immigrant/gay/women hating shithole so I guess we have to take solace in something, was up last night watching it all come in, getting angrier and angrier.......thank-god im off to a gig tonight(skindred and raging speedhorn) and able to get some rage out in the pit! 

Yep, let's take solace in the 3 straight, white male acts headlining glastonbury!

Just now, russycarps said:

Yep, let's take solace in the 3 straight, white male acts headlining glastonbury!

I meant the festival as a whole.....one time of year when you can just say to hell with the world and all its shit stressing you out, dont think ill even take my phone this year, if this is whats going on in the world I dont even want to know about it when im at glastonbury.

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I meant the festival as a whole.....one time of year when you can just say to hell with the world and all its shit stressing you out, dont think ill even take my phone this year, if this is whats going on in the world I dont even want to know about it when im at glastonbury.

I know pal, I was only messing

id like to see him build his fucking wall actually....build it around the united states itself....if those c**ts are stupid enough to let the racist prick rule over them despite his flaws then fine but dont fuck up the rest of the world

As someone said to me just now, he wont be around long hopefully.....hes going to get impeached if he carrys on the way he has pretty damn soonish. That or some nut will take him out I bet the secret service are shitting themselves never had to protect a more unpopular president I dont think.

Edited by waterfalls212434

Shame on you Wisconsin

Shame on you Pennsylvania

Shame on you Ohio

Florida there is still no excuse for that.

Shame on you, Shame on you all

Love to the 49% of sane Americans and the 48 % of sane Britons

This is not over yet

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

id like to see him build his fucking wall actually....build it around the united states itself....if those c**ts are stupid enough to let the racist prick rule over them despite his flaws then fine but dont fuck up the rest of the world

Sadly a lot of people would say the same about us and Brexit.

At least then I could spark up and have a smoke and a cider for breakfast. T'would be frowned on in the office, I fear.

4 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

As someone said to me just now, he wont be around long hopefully.....hes going to get impeached if he carrys on the way he has pretty damn soonish. That or some nut will take him out I bet the secret service are shitting themselves never had to protect a more unpopular president I dont think.

he's that unpopular he's just won a landslide!

As for getting "taken out", all the gun nuts are on his side!

True , but dont think anyone in their right mind would now  even consider moving to the us with the racism and anti everyone message he pedals , what a horrible night !! but like here it wasnt every American ,just like 48% didnt vote for Brexit , they seem to get forgotten about , and that 48% is a shit load of people !!

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

he's that unpopular he's just won a landslide!

As for getting "taken out", all the gun nuts are on his side!

alright unpopular was the wrong word lets say `diversive` as in the people who dont like him REALLY dont like him and have damn good reasons to....this isnt just a `I dont like the way he acts as president` thing he genuinely offends a lot of peoples deep moral foundation

Edited by waterfalls212434

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Meh. I've just accepted that we now live in world where the majority opinion is to be frightened, angry, selfish, inward-looking, nationalistic, judgmental and indifferent to others.

It just makes me sad.

Yep.
In my younger days I was an optimistic idealist. I used to go on CND and anti-racist marches and campaigned against the poll tax. I still retain a little of that spirit, but I honestly think that the human race is hellbent on destruction.

Nothing that has happened this year has helped to sway me from this view.
Christ, we need something good to happen for once.

At least California voted to decriminalise marijuana. Not that lots of us will be allowed in to enjoy it now. 

In Glastonbury terms I see it as going back to the eighties/early 90s when it was usual to feel out of step massively from the rightwing rest of the country etc only now lots of those people come to Glastonbury as well so it isnt really the respite it once was.