Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

12 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Or Thursday on truth stage. 

And the guitarist self confirmed last week. 

Is there a reason they are thought to be on the truth stage? For all their punkish reputation, by today's standards they are surely quite melodic. I could see them being on John Peel, or perhaps the Park, as the Fall were a couple of years ago.

2 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Is there a reason they are thought to be on the truth stage? For all their punkish reputation, by today's standards they are surely quite melodic. I could see them being on John Peel, or perhaps the Park, as the Fall were a couple of years ago.

One of the curators/people behind the Truth stage hinted at a big American act coming over especially to play Glastonbury/that stage, which now looks incredibly likely to be the Dead Kennedys due to their tour dates.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

One of the curators/people behind the Truth stage hinted at a big American act coming over especially to play Glastonbury/that stage, which now looks incredibly likely to be the Dead Kennedys due to their tour dates.

whaaaaat!

Minus Jello Biafra? (I assume he still doesnt play with them these days does he?)

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

*Earache Express.

The only Earache act on the Truth Stage seems to be Napalm Death on Thursday at 8pm before the Truth Stage opens at 9pm that night. Seems small as fuck but I'd assume at this point that the tube carriage is just the stage and the punters would be stood beyond a barrier outside it.

2 minutes ago, pauladam said:

whaaaaat!

Minus Jello Biafra? (I assume he still doesnt play with them these days does he?)

No - he and the rest of the band fell out badly over royalty rights - went to court over it. A lot of folk think of the current Dead Kennedys as being not the real thing. I did see Jello with them about a hundred years ago and I can understand that point of view, but the other three are originals, which is more than can be said of many bands. Having dug out my copy of Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables I was reminded of how great those songs are and shall be down the front, moshing with my zimmer like a fool.  

1 minute ago, sparkythetortoise said:

No - he and the rest of the band fell out badly over royalty rights - went to court over it. A lot of folk think of the current Dead Kennedys as being not the real thing. I did see Jello with them about a hundred years ago and I can understand that point of view, but the other three are originals, which is more than can be said of many bands. Having dug out my copy of Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables I was reminded of how great those songs are and shall be down the front, moshing with my zimmer like a fool.  

I'll dig out my plastic surgery disasters too!!

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

*Earache Express.

The only Earache act on the Truth Stage seems to be Napalm Death on Thursday at 8pm before the Truth Stage opens at 9pm that night. Seems small as fuck but I'd assume at this point that the tube carriage is just the stage and the punters would be stood beyond a barrier outside it.

This seems to suggest they are, indeed, as a result of Earache at Glastonbury - so the Truth stage it is then. Blimey - I'm going to have to go to the SE Corner. Hadn't reckoned on that

Edited by sparkythetortoise

2 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

This seems to suggest they are, indeed, as a result of Earache

I know it goes a bit nuts to the end with G'n'R, Metallica and the likes being thrown into the mix but Zack De La Rocha is in amongst the more likely names at the beginning. What's the chances of him turning up in some guise? I see he collaborated with Run The Jewels recently.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I know it goes a bit nuts to the end with G'n'R, Metallica and the likes being thrown into the mix but Zack De La Rocha is in amongst the more likely names at the beginning. What's the chances of him turning up in some guise? I see he collaborated with Run The Jewels recently.

Think the only time he ever does live appearances is with RTJ these days, but I can't see him showing up at Glastonbury myself as it'd be for just two songs in their set.