Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was told a while back by someone on Twitter that Dua Lipa was on John Peel on Friday afternoon. 

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She did the Saturday aftrrnoon last year.

Fucking yes!!!! She did but she was low down about 3 acts in around 2pm.....her higher slot was Sonic which was also 5:30pm. Going for that or slot before on JP if that's correct.

Edited by thewayiam

On 21/04/2017 at 2:25 PM, jackarmy said:

Yeah I saw them last month, and Big Baz said it would basically have to be Thursday in Shangri-La or bust for them this year because they're in Eastern Europe the other 3 nights of the festival. Shame!

I'd seen their itinerary and abandoned hope, but hadn't thought about thursday. That would be absolutely bang on for the Thursday night.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any indication that the lead singer is there, but just with Quantic / Ondatropica?

doesn't sound like it, tho I can't be certain.

Nothing was being given away about who is playing but someone was curious where the 'wrong' name came from when efests already has a fat chunk for the rest of Saturday at West Holts.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Do you think Emily says "Look! There's Neil! I'm gonna go over and fuck with his mind." :D

nah, Emily is always lovely, and always happy to tell me some stuff (I got the full Prince SP a few years ago, amongst other things) ... tho of course she's never going to tell me bandnames they're about to announce themselves.

I think she might have been on the happy juice last night, cos she was very very happy ... tho I think a lot of that was because, for once, there's not really been any slagging off of the line-up, cos she was saying how much she was enjoying riding a wave of positivity for once and that she's going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. And why not? :)

Just now, eFestivals said:

nah, Emily is always lovely, and always happy to tell me some stuff (I got the full Prince SP a few years ago, amongst other things) ... tho of course she's never going to tell me bandnames they're about to announce themselves.

I think she might have been on the happy juice last night, cos she was very very happy ... tho I think a lot of that was because, for once, there's not really been any slagging off of the line-up, cos she was saying how much she was enjoying riding a wave of positivity for once and that she's going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. And why not? :)

That's great, isn't it. The amount of grief they get is unbelievable, really pleased she's able to enjoy it all this year.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's great, isn't it. The amount of grief they get is unbelievable, really pleased she's able to enjoy it all this year.

I am too and although it went to extreme, if you book as controvertial act as they did a couple of years ago for a place like Glastonbury shit will hit the fan. I'd be shocked if they did something like that again.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not playing, never were.

Weird, as the link @dentalplan posted clearly shows them as playing, and the other festival dates listed on that page are right as far as I can see - Womad, 'Festival Tropical Pressure' in Cornwall. Could they be playing, just not on West Holts, maybe somewhere small instead?