Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

8 hours ago, uscore said:

IS the Beat Hotel actually any good?  When I've been past during the day it looks like any of the other bars onsite.  And whenever I've been near it when a popular name is playing, it looks horrifically crowded.

They serve nice cocktails and when i was ordering the guy was pretty much making them as strong as you wanted, we found the front was a little crowded but when in as ample room to have a little dance for an hour.

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

The biggest nightclub in my home town was the Hippodrome for ages before it got made into a Liquid. Never knew it meant 'horse airport' 

I used to go clubbing in a club called the hippodrome, that one was in Colchester 

29 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah, that's the one, on the high street. Colchester is my home town, where are you from? 

I used to live in Colchester, late 90's to early '01, used to start the night either in wetherspoons or Yates' before ending up in the hippodrome

12 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Was glue the liquid in question, by any chance?

:lol:

11 hours ago, Smeble said:

I used to live in Colchester, late 90's to early '01, used to start the night either in wetherspoons or Yates' before ending up in the hippodrome

I can confirm that spoons was great for a starting point as you made the circuit, but I steered clear of a Yates at the best of times, it was a real aggro magnet sometimes. 

Back on full topic... This week for a bigger self confirm from the fest? Barry Gibb as legend perhaps? 

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

2 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Back on full topic... This week for a bigger self confirm from the fest? Barry Gibb as legend perhaps? 

An announcement announcing something already announced is a bit of a poor wish. 

Full poster please! With lots more goodies so i can cry some more over the inevitable clashes.