Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This is something that greatly excites me, made even more exciting if it were at Noonish as Tommy101 said. It would make sense to be opener as setting them all up will take a lot of time.

Yep, I'd imagine it takes some dismantling but even longer set up. So they could have much more time for the set up and perhaps a slightly longer gap than usual between them and the next act? I'm sure they could make it work.

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

For the unintelligent who/what is Hacienda classic?

I'm getting confused by the descriptions in here. So far I'm at a group of gay, black men playing in an orchestra while calling everyone snowflakes.

Seems a bit racist.

I just youtubed them as I was also pretty confused....but they look awesome! So in for that :) ...although yeh, quite where they'd go is anyones guess?? 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Big yes to King Gizzard playing. Where would they fit these days? Mid JP or somewhere on Other? 

We've heard from the band that they're doing three sets again via a message on their FB. Assuming they do them all on the same day again like last time I'm going Other/Avalon/Hell. Other for their main stage set because I think if they did JP they'd play too late to fit two more sets in that same day. The others are more guesses, but I think Hell would be bloody magnificent.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Hopefully without a needlessly patronising up your own arse intro from a Damon type this time.

It will be MC Tunes doing the intro.

I reckon it will be the Friday night West Holts headliner if they are there. Really can't see them only being on for just for the hour. As you can appreciate there are a lot of complexities and variables ro what they do, so they do exactly the same set at each venue. Not sure how much reorganising it would take to do the hour set.

For me and my mates this would be ideal option opposite Radiohead.

33 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I reckon it will be the Friday night West Holts headliner if they are there.

29 minutes ago, FOOLSP said:

They could play the park really late. Phillip Glass did it I think it was the Saturday night.

They confirmed themselves for the Pyramid. That's where they'll play.

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This is something that greatly excites me, made even more exciting if it were at Noonish as Tommy101 said. It would make sense to be opener as setting them all up will take a lot of time.

Set up time really isn't a factor, they are not opening at all the festivals they are playing this summer.

24 minutes ago, briddj said:

Set up time really isn't a factor, they are not opening at all the festivals they are playing this summer.

But they're headlining those, so are likely to get a long time to set up. It's by no means confirmed that they're opening but you'd think that given the festival has form of having orchestras open the stage and they'd only be playing three or four up from the bottom anyway, they could open it without the extra time eating into the Pyramid schedule.

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But they're headlining those, so are likely to get a long time to set up. It's by no means confirmed that they're opening but you'd think that given the festival has form of having orchestras open the stage and they'd only be playing three or four up from the bottom anyway, they could open it without the extra time eating into the Pyramid schedule.

They're not headlining all of the others. They're at loads. 

EDIT: I'm getting mixed up with Pete Tong's copy cat.

Tbh I'd rather they didn't open purely because it presents a possible clash problem with Manics (or such) opening the Other.

Edited by briddj

1 hour ago, briddj said:

They're not headlining all of the others. They're at loads. 

EDIT: I'm getting mixed up with Pete Tong's copy cat.

Tbh I'd rather they didn't open purely because it presents a possible clash problem with Manics (or such) opening the Other.

So Pete Tong's is the copy, not the original?  I didn't realise Tong's wasn't the only one until earlier today.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Looks like Tong did it first at the BBC Proms in 2015. Absolutely useless, me.

No matter who came first, it is always something I dreamed would happen. The quality of the renditions of House Classics by full Orchestra has been patchy (obviously if you think about it), but it has had its highs.

Just wanted to say that i don't speak much but on many forums but i love this thread! - it's the only one i read, you guys just give facts! why would you trawl through pages and pages on a - "next annoucement" thread!?

Hot 8 have made my day when i read it on here - honestly - they are awesome! ESPECIALLY at 1am in the morning on the Friday morning if that's accurate. Just listen to their cover of Sexual Healing - and imagine that at 1:45 on a Friday morning while you've been on it for 8hours and rest!! You'd be a mug not to be there! It's gonna be insane!!

Cheers alll and keep up the great detective work!!!!

2 minutes ago, jmzparky said:

Just wanted to say that i don't speak much but on many forums but i love this thread! - it's the only one i read, you guys just give facts! why would you trawl through pages and pages on a - "next annoucement" thread!?

Hot 8 have made my day when i read it on here - honestly - they are awesome! ESPECIALLY at 1am in the morning on the Friday morning if that's accurate. Just listen to their cover of Sexual Healing - and imagine that at 1:45 on a Friday morning while you've been on it for 8hours and rest!! You'd be a mug not to be there! It's gonna be insane!!

Cheers alll and keep up the great detective work!!!!

Hot 8 are indeed freakin' awsome

Not least 'cos they do things like this...