Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

21 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

My first glastonbury in 2013 we left sunday night as we werent bothered about anyone on last on the sunday night and we wanted to beat the traffic monday morn, please explain what I have to do in your eyes to redeem myself now as a `proper` glastonbury person? lol That post was hilarious , if your not being ironic or taking the piss your one fuck of an arrogant tossbag....I would go so far as to say that kind of elitist attitude rules you out of being a `glastonbury person` full stop, `proper` or otherwise! :P

Not quite the same though is it... not fussed about anyone and wanting to get away early vs. here's two bands I don't like (but I do like Biffy).

33 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And thanks for the advice regarding my maturation, but at 47, I'm about as grown up as I wish to be.

Hey, I just turned 48 - it's not bad so far, so you should definitely consider it.

p.s. sorry NI... I'll try to track a confirmation down over Easter!

Edited by MrMac

48 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What a rubbish post. What about the music of black gay Latino American nightclubs being played by all sorts people all over the world every single weekend for decades. Get over yourself.

What the fuck you talking about? The event is specifically Hacienda classical. The music that made the Hacienda famous was predominantly acid house. Acid house predominantly originated from the gay and black clubs of America. 

Now them tunes are looking likely to be played by an orchestra, in a field in the UK, to what would be considered a more middle class, white crowd. 

Now when you think of it, being played in a field by an orchestra is as far away as you can get from the musics origins, where it was produced by kids in America on Roland 303's and 808's. Yet it shows that the real meaning of house is still alive as house was all about no boundries, anything goes and including everyone. That is why I said although a little strange, lets do this.

Congratulations, my post went right over your head. Before engaging your brain you went off on one for no apparent reaon.

Edited by eastynh

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I love those who use the word snowflake, me.  I'd prefer it if they also wore badges tho. :)

I find people who use the term snowflake as a derogatory term for the left are ironically the most easily offended....look at the load of bollocks in the news as of late over Cadburys apparently trying to get rid of the word Easter and the anger it generated esp from far right groups like britain first etc....who ironically are the ones going round calling everyone who opposes their agenda a bunch of easily offended snowflakes.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks for your response, snorton.

I didn't write 'real', I wrote 'proper', using the inverted commas to indicate that I was qualifying the description.

If you'd bothered to read my post in context - i.e. with reference to the initial post to which I was responding, you might have understood the point I was making. Given that you didn't do that, I'll give it another go for you.

What I was clearly articulating was that Glastonbury is different, and it has less to do with it being that much bigger than every other festival and more to do with what it means to so many - the year-round depth and breadth of discussion on this board compared to the rest of eFests is a good representation of that - Glastonbury has a disproportionate number of fans that are devoted to it in a way that just does not appear to be the same elsewhere.

Given that, it is a legitimate extrapolation to say that those fans hold that passion in part because Glastonbury 'gives' you a very different experience to any other festival I have been to, and there are many. So, the point I was making to that poster was that it seemed rather sad that they would be happy to bugger off home because they didn't like the sound of two bands on two stages at 11pm on the Sunday night of the world's best festival, when there will also be 100 other amazing things for them to see and do - a programme of entertainment not offered by other festivals to anywhere near the same degree.

So I commented on my frustration that there are so many people who adore everything about the festival's diversity and breadth not getting tickets, when someone else who has got one would consider sacking off all of the other amazing stuff on Sunday night because there were a couple of bands on main stages he/she didn't like (my inference).

And, without a shred of self-congratulation, the fact that my post has 12 upvotes and no downvotes is an indication that my feelings on this might be shared.

And thanks for the advice regarding my maturation, but at 47, I'm about as grown up as I wish to be.

Take care

:)

Ben

Snowflake.

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Great news about the Hot 8, if the 1am time on that site is correct then where do we think they'll play? The Hell stage?

that's as good a shout as any really. I've been advised they are the best of the contemporary brass groups! I think that is more likely to mean 1am friday night into saturday morning rather than 1am thurs night into friday tho.

14 minutes ago, mjsell said:

For the unintelligent who/what is Hacienda classic?

I'm getting confused by the descriptions in here. So far I'm at a group of gay, black men playing in an orchestra while calling everyone snowflakes.

Seems a bit racist.

It is big tunes that were played in the Hacienda such as Ride on Time, Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body and such reinterpreted by an orchestra. They also do versions of Blue Monday with Hooky getting up singing and playing his base. In the up-coming ones they have Shaun Ryder singing over reinterpretations of Mondays tunes and Tim Booth doing the same for James songs. The beats are provided by Park and Pickering on the decks. Most of the tunes are the classic house tunes which made the club famous though.

I was a bit skeptical of it at first but really enjoyed it when I went. Don't think I would pay to see it but if it was on at a festival then I would definitely be there.

18 minutes ago, briddj said:

Hacienda Classical doesn't really fit as a stage opener for me. The Classical bit yes, but not with the Hacienda bit.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

It is big tunes that were played in the Hacienda such as Ride on Time, Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body and such reinterpreted by an orchestra. They also do versions of Blue Monday with Hooky getting up singing and playing his base. In the up-coming ones they have Shaun Ryder singing over reinterpretations of Mondays tunes and Tim Booth doing the same for James songs. The beats are provided by Park and Pickering on the decks. Most of the tunes are the classic house tunes which made the club famous though.

I was a bit skeptical of it at first but really enjoyed it when I went. Don't think I would pay to see it but if it was on at a festival then I would definitely be there.

I think it'll be great to shake the cobwebs (hangover) off first thing on the Pyramid

47 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I think it'll be great to shake the cobwebs (hangover) off first thing on the Pyramid

This is something that greatly excites me, made even more exciting if it were at Noonish as Tommy101 said. It would make sense to be opener as setting them all up will take a lot of time.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

What the fuck you talking about? The event is specifically Hacienda classical. The music that made the Hacienda famous was predominantly acid house. Acid house predominantly originated from the gay and black clubs of America. 

Now them tunes are looking likely to be played by an orchestra, in a field in the UK, to what would be considered a more middle class, white crowd. 

Now when you think of it, being played in a field by an orchestra is as far away as you can get from the musics origins, where it was produced by kids in America on Roland 303's and 808's. Yet it shows that the real meaning of house is still alive as house was all about no boundries, anything goes and including everyone. That is why I said although a little strange, lets do this.

Congratulations, my post went right over your head. Before engaging your brain you went off on one for no apparent reaon.

Looks like it did go right over my head. Fair enough stand corrected. Sorry.